Pregnancy: Social Community

Gestational diabetes

I was just told I have gestational diabetes this is my first pregnancy and I'm only 22 I'm just really freaking out and depressed over it. Does anybody else have it how are you dealing with having told you have it?
Yes I have it and it's not great checking yourself multiple times a day but as long as you eat a healthy diet and try to watch your sugar and carb intake you should be fine! Are they putting you on medication or insulin? Also don't stress a lot of people get it, so your not alone!
I had gestational diabetes with my first baby.  I was really freaked out at first but I was able to control it with diet and no insulin.  You have to be really good about watching what you eat but it wasn't too big of a deal.
They haven't put me on medication or insulin they said they want to see first if I can control it on diet and exercise. How old are you if you don't mind me asking and do you think yours will go away after birth?
Did it go away after you had your baby? Or did it go into full blown diabetes? That's the part that frightens me the most that I'll end up getting type 2 diabetes.
I had it with my first pregnancy and as long as you watch what you eat and go by their diet you will be fine. Mine went away as soon as I delivered!  You are just more likely to get it with your next pregnancy.
Thank you so much you really made me feel better.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.