Pregnancy: Social Community

Gestational diabetes

Hello all, I am at my 24weeks 5 days. Doctor said that I am having gestational diabetes and referred me to a specialist next month. I am little worried when doctor discussed me about the complications.. What food habits has to be changed or incorporated to reduce this diabetes level? Any exercises that you people do?
I have insulin shot at night and for dinner. Maybe for lunch soon... GD get harder to control as pregnancy progress. I eat 3 small meal with maximum 45 g of glucides and 3 snacks with maximum 30 g of glucides. If I get hungry any other time I eat veggies, cheese or nut which don't count for glucides. A 15 min walk after lunch and dinner help me to control my blood sugar with less insulin. Make sure to included protein in all meals and snack as well as fiber to slow down glucides absorption. You healthcare professionnel might give you differents avises. Ask as many questions as you need and don't worry too much a lot of mom to be have GD and have petfectly health baby!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.