Hospital visiting question!

So my fiances mom has never been nice to me since day one and when she found out I was pregnant she didn't believe it was his baby until 32 weeks when we showed her a 3D ultrasound picture and it looked just like him. She hasn't bought anything for my son and didn't even show up to the baby shower and now all of a sudden thinks she has a right to be in the delivery room and then stay at the hospital with me when I've already made it clear just me and my fiancé for the first 2 hours then visitors can come but not stay more than an hour so there's bonding time and rest time. And she is furious about this and I was supposed to be induced Tuesday but because the hospital was full it had to be rescheduled and she's adding all this stress! Idk what to do or tell her because honestly I don't even want her at tre hospital period.
No doctor or nurse will let her in if you don't want her there in the delivery room. But if your fiancé is fine with it that ask if you can tell her about the baby once your home.
You have all rights . don't let her run your home ! U don't need that extra stress especially not now . good luck sweetie
If you tell the nurses that you do not want her there they won't let her in. Good luck
I have the same story.. I'm not letting her be there period. Why? Because she doubted me and she wasn't there for the whole pregnancy I won't be dealing with someone who just wanted to wait the LAST MIN to come along.. No thank you
If you don't want her in your life, don't worry about trying to please her. You are the one having the baby, you do what makes you comfortable. She should know how overwhelming it is to give birth, and respect your wishes. Tell your doctor and nerses you don't want her there and maybe they can shoo her out on a way that she wont get mad at you.
nurses*
I swear I got gold stars on my spelling tests in elementary school.
Do what makes you comfortable! I wouldn't even tell her when you go into labor and i'd make sure your fiance doesn't say anything to her either. But tell the doctors and njrses that you don't want her at the hospital and if she does, tell them to call security... Good luck hun!!
Just as some of the other ladies said, if you let the nurses know her name, they shouldn't allow her back at all. I honestly don't blame you for feeling the way you do one bit!
Turn the tables on her...start telling her you want to go to her next gynecology exam and be persistent about it like she is with you. make her feel what she's putting you through...and I agree with the other ladies....tell the hospital staff exactly what YOU want...no one else. Congrats and good luck#
I wouldn't keep her informed of when your induction is- then she won't know when to head in to the hospital.
she only wants to be there to c if the baby is really his and also to annoy the **** out of you no **** that ***** tell the nurses that u dont want visitors and they will arrange it for u and let her down in a nice manner plus in most hospitalst they onky allow one visitor to stay the night
I'm doing the same thing, I'm in good terms with both sides of families but still want my bonding time. My fiancée will be the only one in the delivery room and once the baby is born we will decide when family can visit. I get a lot of comments from everyone because they've been here for me but ultimately it's my decision and it's what I'm comfortable with. So you mil should respect what you say if not make sure the nurses know you don't want here there.
that's hilarious! lol. But seriously, tell her you want to go to her next mammogram - lol!
Legit though. I am 18wks along and me and my fiancé split when I was about 5wks, I moved out when I was almost 12wks, and as of 3wks ago we're working on sh*t. Me and his mom were REALLY close before we split (his choice, he was saying he had feelings for his ex and was confused, etc) and then she just dropped me like that. Never ONCE has texted me asking how i'm doing, or even asked when I've been over there for Family stuff like Easter, etc. Gave me a hug, said hello and nothing else. I don't' have anything against her... and she hasn't SAID anything about wanting to be in the room, but I've already made it clear to MY own mother and his that no one will be in the room or even AT the hospital waiting, until we say so. I was in labor for 40hrs with my daughter and ended up having a C-section, lol. So like, I'm not banking on this one, you know?
It's your call. My bf is totally on board with it being me, him, and my midwife in the room during labor and delivery, and then if we WANT to have people at the hospital, then fine. But it's like, pending how long the labor is, or if there's no complications, we should be home within 12hrs of delivery anyways... I plan to go drug free, so I don't really want to be entertaining people. And I didn't get the option to bond with my daughter because she had to spend a few days in the NICU after being born. So i don't want anything to come between me and my plans. And if anyone thinks that's selfish, then they can s*ck it

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.