How did you tell him?

Hey ladies, im feeling sentimental, im curious how you told your SO (significant other) that you were pregnant with their child, and how did they react? We were trying to conceive, and i took a test just out of the blue one day, wasn't far enough along to have any symptoms, it was just a random thought *eh why not* take a pregnancy test since i had one left. Well to my own amazing surprise i got 2 pink lines, well being a first time mom i was so excited that i,and quote him here, "you were so excited i heard squealing coming from the bathroom for at least a minute before the door busts open and you squeal all the way over to me holding up the test, did you even breathe?" lol well truth be told i was OVER THE MOON excited, so i didnt even think to say it in some cute way, or drop a hint. OH WELL there is always #2 later on xD

I am now 27 weeks pregnant with our first child, a daughter we will name Kaylie Shay. So what about you ladies, would love to hear your big reveal stories! :)
Best Answer
I had took so many negative tests.  SO MANY. My partner and I went to the store to get some stuff to cookout and I found him in the pregnancy test aisle, googling tests.l Well, we got home, unloaded the groceries, fired up the grill and I went to the bathroom. I took the test and sat it on the floor, not expecting a positive result when I picked it up and just kind of laughed a little bit. I picked up the directions just to make sure the result I was reading was positive. It was. I just walked out back, put my arms around him and said, we're going to have a baby. He smiled, and said, are we? I simply replied yes. He kissed me and we both stood there, with our arms around each other. Honestly everything seemed to slow down in that moment and it was truly magical. After so many negative tests...... This one finally came out positive. :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My ex boyfriend knew I was pregnant without me telling him and he don't want the baby so I'm going to be a single teen mom.
Helpful - 0
Im sorry to hear that he wants nothing to do with him/her, Takes alot of courage to be responsible as a single teen mom, hats off to you. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly! :)
Helpful - 0
I shoved the test in his face. He was half asleep lol
Helpful - 0
It's fine I'll be a good mom though (: with his help, or not it may be hard working,school and taking care of a baby at 16 years old but things happen I guess and thank you same to you. (:
Helpful - 0
I was a smoker so one day i was sitting next to him and was like i wanna quit smoking so hes like wow thats a big step what brought this on and i was like well its not good for the baby and he says with a very confused look on his face what baby i said ours silly.. im pregnant!! Lol...
Helpful - 0
His mom told him before i did but he claims he alreafy knew but his sister is the one wad like u got a pug u pregnant n i was like na went home took a test couldn't it haf two take two more then went to the doctor all in one day i coudnt believe yes this is my first
Helpful - 0
With our first we had been TTC for maybe 2 months when things at work started to slow down and finances seemed more insecure and my husband said maybe we should wait a little longer and I agreed. However, a couple days later I had this gut feeling so I took the test when I got home from work, I came out of the bathroom and said to him "you sure you want to wait?" He looked at me and was just ecstatic. He ran out the door told his friend who lived down the hall, called his mom right away. We were just so excited even though timing wasn't ideal.
This time we had been ttc for almost a year and I was so fed up I stupid keeping track of my cycle. We were texting each other while we were at our jobs and he kind of figured it out before I realized it. He told me he was going to get a test for me cause I was like 2 weeks late and I said "really?" And he was right. We're at 35w with baby number 2 and our first is 6.
Helpful - 0
My husband and i lost our first so when we were ready to try again we were doing ovulation testing and tracking.. when i came out of the bathroom i was crying. I was overwhelmed with happiness and love and i couldn't stop the tears. He saw me as i opened the door and he knew.. we hugged in the doorway and just stood there embraced for what seemed like forever.
Helpful - 0
LOL sounds like me armywifekrause13.  and yeah my boyfriend was incredibly shocked too, but tried to be "manly" about it lol, the reaction they give is priceless
Helpful - 0
Youll do great just pray about n do what's best for your child its being pregnant without out your babysfather trust me i know.put u on my prayer list
Helpful - 0
Well...with my first daughter her biological father was in there with me...he wasn't all that happy. But with my second daughter her dad's birthday is this month (January) on the 23rd. So I told him I had an early birthday present for him. He's like what. I'm like you gotta wait till the first part of January to get it. Then he's like what are you taking about. Then I told him. He bout had a heart attack. Then he calmed down. And he was extremely happy. Now we have two beautiful daughters (my first calls him daddy) and a wonderful family.
Helpful - 0
Interesting to hear different stories. I was never able to get pregnant, and also have irregular periods (no fixed cycle), so occasionally I take a pregnancy test just to hope maybe it would happen. Never use bc because of the inability and not wanting to live with side effects for no reason. I had a test left and my boobs had been killing me for about a week or two, so I peed on it just because it was there and I was curious. And I almost died if shock. It was so surreal it was like a dream and I started trembling. I didn't know how yo react, I just stepped out of the bath and into the living room and said "do you want to see something really weird?" And handed it to him. So he scooped me up and spun me around. :D it was totally not cute or thought out, but awesome.
Helpful - 0
My husband and i got married in june of last year. When we got married,  he wanted a baby but i told him to wait a little bit so we can enjoy our married life.He went on telling me that he was hurt in his groin aea when he was little and couldn't have kds anyway and convinced me to get of off the birth control pills. As soon as i od that, i found out the beginning of August that i was pregnant.  He tricked me to have this baby even though i wasn't ready physically.  I am 27 weeks and i am having a girl and very happy and cant wai for her to get here.
Helpful - 0
These stories are great! Thank you all for sharing them :) i am enjoying reading every one of them.
Helpful - 0
I started bawling in the doctor's office parking lot. We weren't trying yet. Doctor initially thought it was something else. Turned out I was 7 weeks pregnant. He calmed me down and just told me we're having the cutest baby ever.
Helpful - 0
awe, I am glad he was there to help cheer you up missclaire199p not a lot of men are compassionate enough to know when and how to help in a situation where they may possibly be in shock too. I am sure you guys will do great! Looks like your off to a good start so far :)
Helpful - 0
I went to the e.r due to having a bad ear infection , so they ask are you pregnant before giving me anything for pain i told them i didnt think so they came back saying due to your positive pregnancy test we cN only give yu Tylenol, my babys father seemed like flew to the e.r nd the whole time he just looked at me with this in love smile it was cute.lol im now 32 weeks with baby Zionna. :)
Helpful - 0
We weren't trying but we weren't preventing it either. I just kept saying I wanted to wait until I was done with school. One morning I got up to call about one of my last clinicals and stay getting ready for it. He woke up with me and suggested I take a rest, so I did, it was positive, but while I waited for the results I was on the phone, so I went in the bedroom while I was on hold and made him go in the bathroom and look at the test. Great timing huh? Lol
Helpful - 0
haha thats funny b_june21, I bet he got a kick out of that though, couldn't even wait till you were off the phone xD
Helpful - 0
Mine was completely unplanned, actually! But I had to break up with my now ex because he was planning to cause a miscarriage. He even talked about punching my stomach, acting very romantic when he said that oh I was mad! He took no responsibility, I had to make decisions myself because he wouldn't talk to me about it, all he said was "We're going to induce a miscarriage" and stopped it there. No matter how much I tried to talk to him about it he would interrupt me with "I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette" or "I'm gonna go game". He acted like everything was fine.

Then guess what? He tried to say to my dad that there's still time for an abortion and guess what the ex got out of that? A big, "F**k you and stay away from her, we made our decision." and plus, he wanted to come live with me to help me because he 'still loved me'. My dad said if he loved me, he wouldn't have pushed me off like that. Which is true, my ex did nothing but push my words and self away.

What ***** more is my ex is 19, and I'm 17. I thought I was supposed to be the one freaking out but all I did was cry in shame at first when the test came back positive, because you know, I'm only 17! I didn't come up with miscarriage, I actually thought of abortion, but then adoption, but now I'm keeping the child. I literally thought of those three, nothing else. Miscarriages are a terrible thing, and punching your girlfriend's stomach is an abusive thought.

It still scares me sometimes, I usually feel as though I'll be a terrible mother and fail at parenting, because I honestly get awkward around children, especially babies.

Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna screw up, but then I realize that I'm planning on taking violin classes then see about talking my child into it if they're interested in awesome violin duets. Then my friends want to raise the child into an assassin. Yup. The power of friends and large ideas.
Helpful - 0
Ive never had to tell my hubby i was pregnant,he knew before i did on all 4 of my pregnancies lol..he would say "so we are having another baby then honey" and id be like what no were not lol,he said i always have this amazing glow when im pregnant so he straight away
Helpful - 0
i wish i could get that glow! i love it!! And ANewMother, first off i want to say i think you will be a great mother, not only did you decide to do a brave thing, like another girl in this forum topic, and keep the child by yourself at such a young age, but you also walked away from an abusive relationship for your child, recognizing it was in danger. as for being awkward around children, believe me honey, that's now behind you. You will get very comfortable with your child, she/he will help you grow as a person, we all have those moments in our life, and this is yours. And remember, clearly grandpa loves the little squirt, if you ever need advice you know you could ask him :) clearly he did pretty good with you!  Enjoy your little one and i wish you all the best for both your lives! :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much. I got a bit squiggly and happy from that <3
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.