Insurance 100% coverage

I read a few of you mentioning in other posts about 100% insurance coverage which sounds great. Based on the insurance I have right now, I pay Upto 3000 out of pocket for my entire pregnancy and after paying 3000 my insurance pays 90% of any additional expense after that. So my question is, which insurance covers 100% of pregnancy cost. Thank you.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have medi-cal and they cover everything
Helpful - 0
When I was under my husbands insurance, I would have paid a fortune for having a baby.  Under my insurance, I'm 100% covered.  I have Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield...  
Helpful - 0
Most medical plans cover all prenatal visits in full without hitting your deductible at all. You would still have to pay for the delivery at the hospital up to your out of pocket max. They consider prenatal care as wellness visits. You should ask your insurance if that is the case for you. Also, they are now mandated to pay for breast pumps too. I would ask about that coverage as well.
Helpful - 0
I have blue Cross Blue Shield and I am covered 100 percent and my breast pump is covered at 100 percent too
Helpful - 0
My husband is in the army so we have medical through them.
Helpful - 0
I have bcbs and I still have to pay for my prenatal visits until I meet my deductible of 2000. ): lucky you guys!
Helpful - 0
Medicaid covers 100% and a breast pump as well
Helpful - 0
I have Ambetter and our deductible is $150 and I met that my first visit and now it pays all my dr appts. Our out of pocket is $1500. I wish our insurance paid all of it.  
Helpful - 0
United health care through my job, I only had to pay for my 1st doctor appointment  which was $40 and they cover me 100% after that
Helpful - 0
I have caresource. They pay 100% of everything [prenatal appointments and testing and labor and delivery] they also cover a beast pump
Helpful - 0
I have BCBS of Texas through work, but I still had to pay $1000 for the doctor and prenatal visits and will also owe appx $2500-$3000 for the hospital and delivery. Breast pump was free.
Helpful - 0
Unless it's Medicaid, it doesn't matter what heath plan others have (Blue Cross, Blue Shield, HealthNet, etc...) because each of those have a BUNCH of different plans with different benefits coverage. Do you mean you have a DEDUCTIBLE of $3000 to pay and THEN your ins covers 90%. If so, check with your healthplan if you have an out-of-pocket (OOP) maximum as well. That is the maximum amount you'll pay (usually in addition to the deductible) before your ins will start covering 100%. You said you have 3000 OOP and then ins covers 90% which doesn't make sense. If you've met your OOP max then insurance won't make you pay more (usually.. but i think this post is already too long as it is to go into detail).
Helpful - 0
My first pregnancy i had bcbs ppo and paid $14 after my pregnancy. This time around i have ASR which is Hap PPO. I stayed at the hospital for a day while they monitored me for preterm. The bill came in today and it was $9.50. Neither of my plans have a deductible and i receive my insurance through work.
Helpful - 0
My husband has a great insurance plan through his work. It's bcbs, my son only cost us $90 to have him and the ultrasounds were $25 for each one (I only had two). We pay A LOT of $$$ every month for the plan though. My husband knows more details than me but it's not cheap.
Helpful - 0
I don't know the details at all. Lol. I just pay whatever they tell me too at the office. My husband understands it all.
Helpful - 0
My husband is in the reserves so we have tricare - we paid about $350 for the ob for the whole pregnancy since they did go al billing up front. I think hospital stay is something like $18.00 a day. We've had to pay our specialists separately (mfm, high risk delivery team appoibtments, pediatric urologist) but we pay something like 15% right now - we're about $300 away from meeting our max out of pocket.

Tricare does not cover breast pumps though unless it's medically necessary while the baby is in the nicu (from what I remember).
Helpful - 0
Wow, thank you ladies. I will be discussing it with my husband today and look into other insurances like you'alll mentioned. Seems like we don't have the right kind of insurance, for sure...coz we are estimating it to be cost somewhere around $5000 at the end (Florida ).

Jellybelly105: yes dear, I have to pay 3000 deductible first in installments to my obgyn and once I pass that no. I pay only 10% of whatever  rest of it costs. But it is still a lot to pay considering we have one of the best insurance with blue cross. Urgh!!

Thank again ladies, huge help!
Helpful - 0
I had anthem bcbs with my first and I paid over $3000 out of pocket after my daughter was born. My company switched to Healthnet this year, I've heard terrible things about it but I just got my taxes back and am going to pay my deductible in full so hopefully I won't have any trouble.
Helpful - 0
Coventry
Helpful - 0
My insurance has a 2k deductible and  then everything is paid  100% after the deductible is met.
Helpful - 0
I have state medical and i did with my first also. I havent had to pay for anything and im due next month. I think the state ins will cover everything. I was told i can get a breastpump too.
Helpful - 0
I wanted state insurance!
If i go on my husbands insurance he has bcbs. He has an HRA in which his job hooves him $600 a yr to be applied to medical expenses. If i join his the deductible will be 3200. After we meet the deductible maternity is covered 90/10. Everything other than maternity is 80/20.  
Helpful - 0
I have blue cross blue sheild so far everything has been covered also they have a program where they will give you a free breast pump many different styles to choose from you just have to call them and around 30 weeks youll need a prescription from your doctor saying youll need a pump and they will help you and provide you with the company's that participate in this and they will deliver it to your door
Helpful - 0
I have medicade that's why I don't have to pay anything
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.