Pregnancy: Social Community

Insurance for baby

How and where do i get health insurance for my baby before she is born?
My job wont cover her and will be anywhere from 300-400 dollars each month.
I dont qualify for any government health insurance so can anyone give me any pointers on where to go?
Where r u from?
Oklahoma
You should be able to apply for medicaid for the baby. It doesnt have to be for you but medicaid will give you insurance for the baby. Maybe check the website out
If you don't qualify for any government assisted health insurance,  it's unlikely medicaid will cover your baby.  

Health insurance is outrageously expensive for people with a little money.  If you are in poverty,  it's free,  but if you make a living wage it about breaks the bank.

Have you talked to your HR department?  You say your job won't cover her,  but it sounds like you can get insurance from work for her,  but it's 300-400 per month?  That's likely to be the best you're going to be able to do,  in my experience.

Can you get catastrophic medical coverage (say,  for illnesses and accidents costing over $20K),  and then just pay for her well visits and standard immunizations out of pocket?
Man.... Yeah I dont qualify for medicaid or anything.

Even with my insurance I've racked up over $2000 in doctors bills the last 2 months.

This system *****.
I can get an apartment for the amount they want me to pay for health insurance...

I'm not sure how much i would be paying out of pocket for her visits to doctor...but I'll look into that instead of paying for insurance...

All kids? My daughter has coverage through All Kids and it cost me $104 a year. We didnt qualify for medicaid either. Our copays are $13. Check into it.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.