Pregnancy: Social Community

Meds for anxiety

I've never taken any meds for it but my anxiety is over the roof and wanted to know if anyone is taking them or have taken them during their pregnancy. I don't want it to affect the baby.
I take hydroxyzine for anxiety. Its a antihistamine and also helps with my insomnia.  However I only take it when needed because it is unknown how it affects fetal development. I also started seeing a mental health counselor for my PTSD and other anxiety disorders.
I have taken anxiety medication prior to becoming pregnant but then stopped.. about 2months after stopping the medication I found out I was expecting. Im currently 15 weeks, I find some days are harder then others. I try to stay positive and keep my mind occupied. The first 8 weeks of my pregnancy was extremely tough. I find my anxiety is effecting my blood pressure when I first get to my OB office, I try to relax and breathe threw it.
I stopped taking them and go to the gym instead.. it seems to work for me to calm my nerves and when i am about to have panic attack i stop what ever I am doing and just focus on my breathing
If you see a doctor ask them about pregnancy safe anxiety medicine. I was taking kolonipin for years and prior to becoming pregnant I weaned myself off to have a healthy pregnancy (with my doctor's ok). Only when I absolutely needed it I would only take about 1/4 of a pill and that was after if Valerian Root or Benedryl didn't work. My doctor put me on Buspirone which is a pregnancy safe anti anxiety pill. I still only take it as needed. Best of luck. Yoga and meditation help too.
I have been on Zoloft for anxiety for years. I weaned off about 8 months before I was getting married because I knew we were going to start trying to conceive right away. I only lasted off for a couple of months. My ob assured me that the baby would be OK and it would be better than being stressed and anxious everyday. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and everything is going great. I am able to really enjoy this pregnancy and I'm thankful for that. Also the medication I am taking is also safe during breastfeeding. Good luck to you, anxiety is horrible.
Thanks all! Real helpful
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.