Natural Labor

What are some way to naturally start labor? I am scheduled for induction Thursday and my doctor wants me to try to go on my own before then. I'm 38 weeks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I tried castor oil and it just put me in contractions with no progress and I spent half the day on the toilet. Sorry TMI. I drove down a bumpy road with my husband,  I tried everything. Ultimately what started labor was squatting and cleaning my house. As always though the baby will come when they are ready. I know that's irritating to hear but it's so true. Also you could ask the doc to strip your membranes that has worked for me too.
Helpful - 0
Lots of sex and raspberry tea. Squats are supposed to help too. Also you can always ask your provider about membrane stripping. Some times that helps.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Nipple simulation helped get my labor going for my first. I was two weeks late
Helpful - 0
Walk your butt off! Treadmill, a day at a theme-park or convention. It really does work (seriously the story of my 1st is ridiculous)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.