Pregnancy annoucement

Hi all I was just wondering when did you announce your pregnancy and how far along were you ?
In my case, I told my closest family and closest friends earliest, and then other family, and then other friends.  I was amused to see the circles that it defined -- who knew I wouldn't bother to tell my aunt and uncle until I was in my 7th month?  But that was how it naturally sorted itself out.  There would not have been any keeping it secret from my mother and sisters because I did IVF, and it took a lot of time, energy and appointments to get there that couldn't have been hidden.
I was 10 weeks and they were wondering why I waited so long to tell everyone... Well it's hrs getting 4 sisters together and parents. I found out at 5 weeks
Ok thank you as I found out I am 5 weeks pregnant I just don't know when I should tell all my friends as I am excited but I don't know if they are going to judge me as I have a son who is 2 in 3 months and I don't know if they are going to tell me that I am stupid. But I want to tell everyone as it's a blessing
Tell them when your comfortable I told my family when I was 10weeks and friends when I was 12weeks I have a 5 y.o,a 11 1/2 months old and currently 19 weeks pregnat.it's it them having the baby you are I say go for it.
I Found Out A 5 Weeks And I Waited Until I Was 14 Because Of Previous Miscarriages I Only Told My Siblings And Parents Earlier
The only ppl I told were close family grandma mom. I waited to tell everyone else. I was only about 5 weeks or so so I waited till I was in my 2nd trimester. Plus my doctor at the time recommend that we'd wait to tell others
I was 5 weeks when I told my mom and a few others. My first pregnancy and I tried to hold it in a little longer but I couldn't lol. Here I am, now 22 weeks
Thank you all for replying I announced my fist pregnancy at 12 weeks and I am thinking of doing the same with this bub as I am still in a bit of shock as it was a very big surprise
I was four months I didn't want people judging me
That is also my other worry is that people are going to judge me for having a second bub as my son is turning 2 in 3 months and I don't know if they will think it's too soon but it wasn't planned
mine wasnt plan my baby is 17 months and i have a almost 3 yo next month but its my family and its a blessing love my babies,no matter what they say when my bf told his parents at that time i wasnt talking to them and they were like oh sje just got pregnant to talk to us but,not,way i dnt listen to them he wasnt plan but,now we're waiting for him with lots of,love like my other babies im almost 23 weeks i told them when i was 11 weeks
I told my parents and his parents at 5 weeks and had to tell work when I was 7 weeks because I was doing 12 hour shifts with no breaks and on my feet so needed to stop it. I'm now 10 weeks gone and everyone knows because its my mum's first grandchild and see is super excited and told her friends. My way is everyone is going to find out one way or another and its good news to be talking about :)
Thank you I am 5 weeks and I told my closest family and my hubbys family but I also had to tell my work as I work in a nursing home so that is a heavy lifting hob and also long hours sometimes I'm not really to worried if everyone finds out as it is a blessing and your right it's good news to talk about :)
I was worried that people found out so early with me but its my first and I'm really excited and so is my family so was hard to hold in. But no point in worrying about what other people think! Enjoy your pregnancy and don't let anyone try and ruin it :)
That is so true thank you so much and congratulations to you they are an amazing gift :)
Congratulations! I'm halfway through my third pregnancy. (including one early miscarriage) With our first we told my family straight away due to being emotional, and then family/friends between 9/10 weeks as we were just too excited to wait. Our second we told my family again, plus a couple of friends. I'm glad we told them because they were there for us and I didnt have to explain that I was pregnant before explaining a miscarriage. My mum dropped everything to come look after my daughter so worked out well, but that would change depending on what type of person you are. Our third we had a few complications and thought we would lose him. I was put on bedrest and we told a lot of close friends and family and asked for prayer, again that support was great. We announced to everyone else at 11 weeks as we were given the all clear by doctors and it was Mothers day.
I think its a very personal decision, but if it helps my daughter was 16 months when we announced this pregnancy, she will be 21 months when bub gets here and no one has been anything but thrilled.
I was only 4 weeks but my situation was a little differemt.  I went through the IUI process, so everyone was waiting and expecting the news.
I had a similar experience! I went through IVF so some people found out right away but waited to tell the world when I was 12 weeks
A lot of people wait until 12 weeks because miscarriage is more likely to happy before 12 weeks.
I was 24 weeks. I lost my first 19 weeks 3 days so I waited
With my son I told at 12weeks and that's when I found out I was pregnant with my current baby I knew at four weeks but all of my at home tests came back negative but I knew I was pregnant due to hormones sore breasts and wine made me super nauseous I then had it confirmed at the dr when I was 7weeks and we told at eight weeks also this meant I got pregnant a month after my sons second birthday and it was planned so don't be worried about what people think it's your family and your life not theirs
I found out I was pregnant soon as I missed my period and I start throwing up didn't tell anyone until I got an doctors appointment and ultrasound .so I announced it when I was 15 weeks...yeah it took at long to get an appointment-.-
I just told people in week 17.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.