Pregnancy: Social Community

Pregnancy hormones need some advice plz

How do any of you girls handle being sooo emotional during pregnancy? I just hate these feelings i get hurt and angry so easily idk how to handle these emotions.. Like seriously i just feel like punching my mil in the face everytime she calls my toddler stupid because I've already asked her to not call him that and my mom has even confronted her over that because i wasn't brought up being put down and called stupid for any little thing. We live with my in laws and im just so over it i just want to leave since my hubby acts all offended whenever i do talk back to them when they r rude. And these hormones just make things harder for me to handle
Maybe go stay with your mom for a while?
I'm not sure you're overreacting due to hormones - I would strongly react to anyone calling my baby stupid,  too.  Your husband grew up with it so he doesn't notice how inappropriate it is.

Have you told your son (privately) that grandma is kind of mean and crabby and that he's not stupid?
Oh that is not over reacting! That is disgusting! You never ever call a toddler stupid. In fact cudo's to you for not punching her in the face already.
What a horrible women!!!
Yes the time that my mother in law called him that in front of my mom was because he was eating he had bearly turned 1 and he threw his sippy cup down my mom looked at my son i could tell she was furious and just told him when your able to talk you go and tell her that you are not stupid that infact you are smarter than her and all of us here ok and then she went on to tell her that was not right to call him that so my mil acted like a victim to my hubby and we had an argument because of course i stood up for my mom and my son...
i just cry and cry everytime i see my son hes almost 18months and he is the sweetest little boy im sure he is going to be a sweetie to his little brother or sister i just get soo upset that my husband doesn't realize that is wrong
Next time she makes a comment like that, in front of her, kneel down next to baby,or pick him up and say something to the effect of "what grandma just said was wrong and she didn't mean it. Sometimes people say things without thinking and it hurts others while making them look foolish." You're not really saying it to him just letting her hear in a nicer way you won't stand for anyone insulting your baby. I went through similar issues with my in laws about the words they choose to use. It was very tense for awhile. I never fought with them but I would find ways to make my point and ecourage them to reflect on the issues. But I won't put that down to hormones just in law problems. 15 years and I still got em
I'm still pretty early I'm my pregnancy (5 weeks 4 days) but whenever I feel like my emotions are getting the best of me I just close my eyes plug my ears and take 10 deep breaths. But agreeing i think you should stay with your mom for a little bit.
i have to calm down and listen to music to zone everyone else out
I deal with them so well because most of the time I go after my fiance. And he has learned to have taken time with me when I get like that.
That's awful. Kids just do things like that and are being kids... My friends 19 month old can't talk and throws awful fits but we know he's just being a kid/baby since he can't communicate yet.

Have you talked to your husband privately about it? I know difference of opinion in child rearing can be a cause for arguments/separation if it's really bad. Maybe some outside counseling could help him understand that what his mom is saying is inappropriate and not at an environment you want your child raised in. She could use the counseling too honestly. Anyway to move out now? Either with your mom or out on your own with your husband? If it's not feasible financially I could help you out figuring the fastest way to do that since that's my job, helping people manage their money.
That is not hormones that is you being a mother, I don't blame you one bit I would be up and out call my baby stupid, I'm all about encouraging a child and supporting them my son loves to be praised so he loves helping and doing things cause he loves high fives and being told good job, don't get me wrong he gets corrective criticism and gets time out when he does wrong but I could never call him stupid or let anyone, I wouldn't want him to call anyone stupid or be a bully. I'm glad your mom stood up for u, but your husband has to understand the affects, and not oh I turned out fine, that's not good enough
I just get so furious i wouldn't mind if she would correct my son in a good way but i dislike her calling him stupid i just don't want him to grow up and put himself down and be a bully to other kids.. This makes me feel like im going to have a breaking point because my husband and i have different ways and ideas of how to raise our son and our baby on the way. His parents see my son everyday and he feels they too should have a saying how he is raised my parents live in a different city so they see us on holidays or othe special occasions and whenever they make a small comment on my son my husband just gets upset (lol like my mom saying she was getting him an easter basket) saying why does she get him a basket and blah lol its just soo unbalanced how he wants his family involved and hates it when my family getz him a gift or something
That is being a mature grown up and being a good mother. If someone was calling my little one stupid all the time I'd be angry and especially hurt if it was my own in laws or parents. You have every right to be upset.
Yea hormones has nothing to do with that. U not tolerating someone disrespecting your child that's what any mother would do. I mean your better than me cuz I would've been hit her by now. My patience is very thin and disrespect is something I just don't take.
I agree I would be passed! Nobody ever better call my son names or be mean to him. I would put my foot down on that now!
Pissed
I dont think its ur hormones or emotions... I feel like punching her. You dont call a small child stupid. Whether you live there or not.how dare she.if ur husband gets offended call him stupid in front of her. See how she likes it. No mother wants her child to be called stupid no matter what the age. It just worse when its said to a small child.

now that i think about it i think that is why all of my brothers in law are insecure my husband and i know eachother since high school and he really would sometimes not even try or be conformist because he said he wasn't smart enough or good enough to try out things i think that prob has to do with how they were brought up being small his older brother has the same issuesl... I somewhat have always let him know i dont think of him as being less than anybody else like push him to try and try and be better  
Know how you feel! I felt like punching some people in the face!! The best think for you is the off switch!  Make some tea get your kid and go for a walk or to your room. Tell your hubby respect has to go both ways and just because you live with the in lows doesn't mean you r not an adolt with your oun ways! You have to rase your kid and they do have to respect how u want to educate them! But u can't teach an old dog new tricks so if she doesn't get it get away from the problem and forget about it! Stress is not good for you right now and is definitely not good for the sweet baby on the way!! Good luck
Calling a kid stupid is being stupid!!!! Ask your hubby how he would feel if u called him stupid! Or how the in low would feel!! Seriously who's the adolt in the situation?
Update!! I feel so proud so today my mil called my son stupid again and i had a serious talk with hubby so i gave him "the look" when she called my son stupid and he told her in an upset tone that he didn't want to hear her calling my son that again and she responded why there is nothing wrong what does stupid mean i dont even know and my hubby just told her it was wrong for her to call him that and she better not do it again because he is not stupid and if she did she would call her stupid for doing that... Basically she got hurt at my husbands reaction but i think its wat she needed for her not to do it again after i had already asked her to stop and didnt take me seriously im just sooo happy my hubby stood up for us  
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.