Pregnancy: Social Community

Testing.

When does the Doctor normal start testing for downsyndrom and such? I am 21weeks and will be 23weeks and 3days my next visit. Is it something we need to bring up or is it something the Doctor will mention? We haven't heard anything about it at our last couple visits, and being on here obviously nothing quite goes the same as the baby books say, but I am just curious if this test or any others should be brought up by us at our next visit?
It may be different for other places but I'm a first time mom. They did blood work before 12 weeks. Then again in the second trimester. They also checked the fluid behind the neck which can be a indicator at my anatomy scan around 14 weeks.
My dr told me to decide by 18 weeks..but they would test at 22 or 23 weeks. I dont know if that is standard. My dr seems to be very cautious about doing anything too early.
I know everywhere is different, with mine  its really your choice unless the doctor thinks it's necessary.. but I decided to get it done and they test before 18 weeks got mine done around 12 weeks. . If he hasn't metioned it at this point I would just go ahead and ask.
I did the triple test at 12 weeks and I'll have a special ultrasound at 22 weeks. This week - 19 - they did a blood test as well. I see my dr every month.
I was told by my doctor that genetic testing is done between 11-13 weeks. He only mentioned it because I have HME syndrome thats hereditary. I didnt do it though.
At yur next appointment if they don't say anything which i find odd cuz now they offer it to everyone at least where im from but if not request an appointment with a geneticist they'll tell yu about all the terrifying possibilities they can test for
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.