Hi first time Mummas, I'm due in 30 days with my second. These are a few things I learnt that I was told or wish someone had told me the first time around so thought I'd share.
* Unless you are set on only having one child buy a convertible double buggy.
* Breast feeding is 1000 times easier than making bottles. Nipple pain only last a week so persist & keep applying lanolin.
* If someone asks if they can do anything to help. Don't say no. Say yes. Ask them to make you a frozen meal or pop over & watch bub for 1/2 an hour so you can do you nails or have a bath.
* pack a squirty sports bottle in your hospital bag to squirt while you wee. It kind of burns to wee after giving birth & the water helps if you dilute the urine.
* drink ridiculous amounts of water in the last few weeks. It will help with constipation as bub engages it makes it harder to poo.
* be forceful with you labour plan make sure you get what you wanted as much as possible. It's easy to get railroaded once you hit the hospital.
* put a change of clothes for you in baby bag. I can't tell you how awful it is to be out & covered in baby vom without a change of clothes.
* when you're home use oval make up pads instead of wipes with one of those professional nail polish bottles full of water. Much cheaper & better for bubs bum.
* burts bees products rock especially nappy cream
* wash baby socks in a wash bag they just seam to disappear otherwise. They're so tiny.
* don't go crazy buying baby things. Really all bub needs is you, nappies & to be warm. Keep the money so you can stay home with bub as long as possible.
* if bub won't settle try putting one of Dads shirts in bassinet. They generally associated yiur smell with milk but Dad's with comfort. Worked for us.
* don't stress about anything. The best advice my sister gave me was 'It's all about survival'.
If I think of any more I'll let you know. Hope this helps. Goid luvk Mummas x