Pregnancy: Social Community

Weight Gain

I know a lot of women don't like to talk about this, but I'm curious how much weight was gained in your pregnancy? I'm 29 weeks and have gained a LOT! With all the cravings and such it's gotten a bit outta control. But, even when I was eating a lot better, I was still gaining quickly. I go to the Dr in a couple days and I know I'm up almost another 10lbs so she's going to say something...again.
dont feel be ive gained just about 50lbs throughout my pregnancy 6 of those lbs ive gained this week alone!! and I'm 38 weeks. I'm hoping its mostly water weight but who knows. haha
Iv lost weight went from 197 to 190 I am hoping to gain some weight soon because if not could be unhealthy for the baby
I'm 14 weeks. I've gained about three pounds so far. I'm worried about gaining too much in the rest of my pregnancy bc I'm already 178..blah. wish me luck lol
I lost 30lbs, baby will be here in 5 days. I was bigger b4 I got pregnant though and I lost that all in my bum and legs lol my jeans fall down and shirts are too small.
I'm 20 weeks today and I have gained 13 lbs so far...I'm definitely eating more then usual but don't really have any cravings and it seems like the baby its taking all of my nutrients cause last time I went to the dr there was only a week in between apps and I had lost 5 lbs...hopefully my baby will get enough food cause I'm really not hungry ever....more thirsty.
ive had a very different experience with weight gain. i have a midwife and they aren't interested in weighing you every visit. i was considered a normal weight before i was pregnant so they said they aren't worried about weight gain as long as baby is developing well. but i was diagnosed with gd at about 28 wks (which sucked because now i have to have shared care with an OB so definitely not part of my ideal birth plan) and that experience with the dr was very different,  first thing she made me do was step on the scale. i think ive put on the normal amount of weight at about 25 lbs at 33wks. and actually haven't put on much since the gd dietary chnages but baby is growing like they should. i think there's always too much pressure on women to look and weight a certain amount and its terrible that there's even more pressure on us while we are creating a life and stressed about everything we dont need to be anxious about everything we put in our mouths. dont stress everyone puts on weight differently especially while pregnant since there are so many factors to consider.  congrats mama!
24+4 weeks and so far gained 6lbs
I am 16 weeks and gained 7 lbs.  My first two babies I gained 50 lbs.  It took me a year to lose the weight with both.
Im 34 weeks an have only gained 10 lbs and lost 22
Truthfully weight gain is ok by me but what I am having the hardest time with is eating as I should be...I'm 32 and have eaten usually 1 meal a day for the past 15 years so I'm worried that I don't eat enough though I'm trying to!!
I'm 29 weeks I have gain a total of 24 lbs.
I wish I could gain weight. I haven't gained a pound and I'm 15 weeks now. I've barely started to show and as you can tell by my pictures I'm already petite. I wish I could put on some weight but no matter how much I eat I just can't gain any.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.