Pregnancy: Social Community

Wine

I've had many people tell me and ask me that having a glass of wine Once a week is fine...
I've done some googling but I also would love to hear what you ladies have to say.
Yes I have a glass of red wine occassionally and know others that have also drank red wine during pregnancy. I think in your first and second trimester  it's one glass if red wine every week and once you get closer to the third trimester it was one glass a day. I was a little doubtful about it at first but after doing a lot of research I found that a glass of red wine is fine, it also has benefits for you and the baby bc red wine clears up toxins in the body as well. And doesn't have a lot of alcohol in it that can affect the your baby. However I am not sure about beer or other liqiors. You should do some more research just to be on the safe side. But I think small doses are ok. Just like ibuprofen, some say don't take it at all but my midwife says that a small amount will not be able to harm the baby. If I am correct I think it was 1 gram a day?? But again just do your research.
Im 35 wks and I have drank red wine too. The research I read was no more than 10oz in a week.  I have had 4oz 4-5x in my entire pregnancy so far
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.