answers needed

I am 25 years old with three children. I am engaged. I never thought I would want anymore children; however, my fiancée does not have children of his own. I have told him that I am unable to have anymore children. In my previous marraige, I had a tubal ligation in February 2008, and a procedure called Novasure in April 2012. The doctor told me at the time that I would be unable to have anymore children. I want to know if it is possible to have children after the Novasure, or if it can be reversed somehow.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I looked it up last night and if you have the ablation done when your young like I did then there's a chance that the lining of the uterus can grow back. You can get your tubes tied after this one if you want, you can have it reversed if you want later.
Helpful - 0
I didn't know that! I was considering getting tubes tied after this one but didn't really know? Well i guess i haven't been much help on your questions! I wouldn't think the ablation would be reversible if they burned the inside of your uterus?!? But then again i dont know have you talked to your Dr about all this???
Helpful - 0
You can have your tubes untied, they just cut out the ends that they burned and reconnect them. The Novasure ablation is where they burn out the inside of your uterus basically. I haven't had a period since last April, that's why I was wondering if it's reversable like the tubal libation is.
Helpful - 0
My question to you would be why would you have a procedure if you are not sure what it is for? The novasure ablation is to correct heavy periods if it is used for something else i am not sure? I mean no disrespect here, having your tubes tied is not reversible it is permanent. I have never heard of it being reversed its a permanent birth control thats why i just can't understand why a Dr would have agreed to do that to you at 20? I do wish you the best of luck
Helpful - 0
I think that they can reverse the tubes tied. Im not sure what a novasure is.
Helpful - 0
Having your tubes tied is permanent i don't think it can be undone they sever the tubes so your eggs cannot travel down to get fertilized. I didn't think a Dr would do that to you so young? Sorry its not the answer your looking for but i hope you and fiance can figure it out good luck to you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.