Pregnancy: Social Community

glucose test

I take mine in about two hours kinda freaking out last time it made me super sick...did anyone eat be4 hand i am stressed about doing it on an empty tummy and puking everywhere?  Eeeek
You should not eat before. Only drink water. You are supposed to take the test while fasting.
Depends on 1 or 3 hour test and lab protocol. I ate breakfast and did my 1 hour test and passed, and was grateful I ate because that stuff gave me a huge headache! Follow whatever instructions your Dr gave and find something to distract yourself with for the test. Good luck!
I am doing the test now and it makes you feel awful. Not being able to eat makes it so much worse.
3 hour test is always fasting though, FYI
Eat meat and protein
Thanks im at my test now didnt eat and my tummy feels like poo :( thank goodness im almost done
What do u do there nd when do you do it how many weeks
I did my 1 hour while fasting. I made me nauseous but I didn't throw up. And turns out I passed. I was really nervous I was going to fail.
how many weeks are you when you have to take the glucose test ?
When I took mine i was sent home with instructions...can't eat after 10pm and don't drink anything except water. And i went to take the test as soon as the lab opened so i would starve half the day.
So it doesn't matter which test it is, 1 hour or 3 hour the instructions are the same for both.
I take my test tomorrow. I will be 27+4. I was told that i didnt have to fast and could go about my daily routine. I think it all depends on your doc weather you fast or not.
Plz be relax tension and stress also leads to increase in result
I had the two hour test and you fast for 10 hours the night before and then have the test in the morning. They take your blood right away and then you drink this awful sugar drink. Who knows what's in it..... then you get your blood taken after an hour and the following hour. At least that's how it worked for me. It can make you feel sickish
In what week it has to be done this test?
Normally about 28 weeks
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.