labour skirt ???

So I'm looking to get like a skirt for when I get in labour as I don't want to flash with my bum and everything. So just so I can feel more comfortable knowing I have something to cover when I move around and maybe in the pool. But can't really find anything that I would like ? Please help!!!!! Thanks xx
And don't want gown as I want baby skin to skin after I deliver. Want just like a sports bra and a skirt. Don't get how someone can say it's gonna be hard to wear a skirt to deliver? I think it's hard to wear a gown I would hate it
The gowns that I was talking about from pretty pushers tie in the front so that you can do skin to skin and its easier to breastfeed if you plan on doing that just so you know.
You won't be comfortable in Something you dont like?? You're giving birth!!! Who cares if you like it or not. It's going to be trash when you're done.  I'm not trying to be rude here, im just floored by this lol
Oh my god some of you people. .. If you like to wear **** things then it's your own business I would newer wear something I don't like or not feel comfortable in easy is that! It's like saying when you dead what's the point of tress up...... If you don't answer my question why bother Comenting ? I don't care what's your opinion. And yes thanks for the website I'm going to have look now. Xx
You probably should ask your doctor,  before you go through the expense of buying something,  whether you will have to wear a hospital gown.

When you're laboring you'll have sheets you can use to be modest - you don't have to labor naked on the bed where anyone coming in can see your ladybits.  Only when you're being checked for dilation,  or when you're pushing the baby out will you be exposed.

And in that case,  a pretty labor skirt won't help hide you.
A company called binsi makes a couple styles ($35 & up) or if you can sew you can find binsi knock off pattern.  I personally think a gown is more comfortable for normal hospital labor. You hardly notice your wearing anything. They unsnap/tie easy for skin to skin or incase of an emergency.   If you are doing a home or water birth I can see how the skirt might be better. But in the hospital it could get in the way of the fetal monitor they strap across your belly to track baby's heart for signs of distress.  

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.