life insurance

So i was wondering if and when should you get life insurance on your child?  There are so many things that you are doing to prepare for your child but we never think about the bigger things like wills, life insurance....so let me know what y'all have done. Thank you for answering.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think you probably mean life insurance on yourself,  not on your child,  for your child in case you die?

You should do that as soon as the child is born.    You should also write a will - even if you don't have many assets to pass on,  you will want to name a guardian for your child.  

Helpful - 0
I have to call and add my new son on to my life insurance i have it on my self and my 8 year old already. as for my will when i made that i stated my current and any other children i have so that way i dont have to ammend it everytime i have a kid my lawyer said thats the best way to do it! Its definitely important to have those up to date as you never know what may happen!
Helpful - 0
After i had all my kids when i bought there hospital pics i got a free mth of gerber life insurance and i just kept it and it automatically dubles at 18years ols
Helpful - 0
I have life insurance on myself and my kids. U can insure your kids as well in case their is a tragedy like a death and it can cover the funeral. That is why I insured my children. My very  close friend gave birth to a child who only survived for 27 days, a complete misery of what cause her complications. She was unable to pay for the basics to deal with the funeral expenses, since I watched her go through this I immediately insured my children. Good luck with your decision but u just never know what life holds in the future.
Helpful - 0
My parents have had life insurance on me since i was about 19. They told me it's cheaper to get it while you're younger.They then picked it up for my daughter when she was about 1.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.