How much can I lift while pregnant?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
As long as you have no complications you can lift what you are comfortable with.  For most women that's 25 -35 pounds. May drop as you get closer to your due date. If you have to strain or it hurts don't lift it.  
Helpful - 0
It's going to be stuff at work.
Helpful - 0
25 or 30 lbs is OK for regular every day activities unless your doc tells you otherwise. You can lift toddlers or laundry or basic things like that.
Helpful - 0
depends what you are talking about... weight lifting, if you were doing it before you were pregnant then your fine to continue doing what you did at the gym if it still feels comfortable. if you mean things around the house and so on i carry loads of laundry at home up and down are flight of stairs since the beginning im 32 wks now ( no problems) i also have a 4 year old niece i carried early in pregnancy she's probably about 25 or 30 lbs. i think its one of those situations you needto listen to your body.
Helpful - 0
I'm not super sure but I thought I was told no more then 10lbs
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.