losing weight during pregnancy?

for the sake of making this question less complicated, I will admit my weight. I started at 146 pounds before getting pregnant. I'm now in my 13th week. During the first trimester I packed on 13 pounds, so I quickly went up to 159. Over the past week or two I noticed the number on the scale dropping and itS now at 155.
so I'm basically losing weight, or I might just regulating Myself??
my instincts are telling me it's no big dealbut should I pass this on to my OB?

Eating habits are I just eat when I'm hungry, nothing out of the ordinary
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am 37 weeks now and I lost 12 pounds in my first trimester. After that I gained only about a pound so far. But my obgyn isnt worried as my ultrasound is showing a healthy baby with proper measurements n weight. What the baby needs it gets from the mother. I started out overweight so she didnt want me to gain much anyway. There isnt any reason to worry unless your doctor comments on your weight. Until then eat what you like when you like just remember to stay healthy. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
You probably gained mostly water weight In the beginning and now are starting to lose it....its normal to lose weight during the first trimester and most women lose at least a few pounds, but others will gain more In  the beginning and less later on! Just try to remember that the baby needs no more than 300calories a day and that's actually not until the 2nd and 3rd trimester, during the 1st you don't need any extra calories per day!! The phrase eating for 2makes women think they need to double their calorie intake, but it's absolutely not the case!! As long as you're eating ok and making sure you stay healthy I wouldn't worry about what you lose or gain!! You're fine ;-)
Helpful - 0
To ease your mind before I got pregnant I was 268lbs, now I am 257lbs and I am 13 weeks and 4 days.  When they do my ultrasound my baby is very active so they haven't said anything about my weight loss.  But my doctor didn't want me to gain more than 15lbs so it a benefit for me after this baby. You should start to pick up those pounds soon.
Helpful - 0
Ya I'm overreacting about 4 pounds. 30 pounds is a significant number!! Is it from changing your diet due to pregnancy?? Thanks for the comment :)
Helpful - 0
Im 20 weeks monday and im still my weight i was before i got pregnant
Helpful - 0
At my last doctor appointment based on what I weighed at my 11 week appointment to then (23 week) I have lost 30 pounds. They havent said anything about it. Keep in mind im not a small women either so maybe thats part of why they aren't worried for me. Wouldn't hurt to say something to your doctor.
Helpful - 0
I would tell Ur Dr at Ur next appointment but if Ur feeling fine I don't think it's anything to serious that u need to get checked out right away I'm 15 weeks and my weight has went from 224 to 231 and back and forth and everything in between lol
Helpful - 0
I wouldn't be worried. I haven't gained anything, in fact I am ten or so pounds lighter then my first ob appointment. They check your weight at every appointment and will telk you if they think you're not gaining enough.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.