Pregnancy: Social Community

omg!!:'(

Im choosing for my son to get circumsised and im not aware of the process of it so I looked up infant circumsision on YouTube and holy c r a p it looks so torturing and brutal. It have me bad chills now I'm gonna feel like compete s h I t for doing that to him cause I want him circumsised but omg.. Shouldn't have looked at that video Im sad now: ( Im gonna feel like a terrible mother!
I've never watched it done. :S
I don't think I'll go look for it. I have a daughter
Just think of it this way. He is less likely of getting an infection. You could be saving him from future issues. Don't fell bad.
^^^ There is actually no solid research to support the infection claim. More babies die from circumcision every year than men contract infections due to foreskin. After doing lots of research we decided not to get it as it is an unnecessary cosmetic procedure.
How will he be after he gets it?: ( or when he pees?:(
Just think of the pros and cons. Pros- it looks better and its cleaner (wrong and wrong. Most of my bfs have not had it done and some had and neither were more attractive and none had any infections or issues as long as you clean it). Cons- it is painful I don't care if my son will forget about the pain I don't want to hurt the love of my life. It is technically cosmetic surgery it is not my place to cosmetically change my child for my own preference.

Why would the baby die from circumsision?!!! Hearing about death makes me not wanna do it at all! So confused! Idk what to do:((
Your son will hurt for a few days and you'll have to give him baby Tylenol. I personally don't want my son to be in pain for the first few days of his life andiI don't want to be giving him medicine either unless completely necessary.
Don't let these women on here change your mind because of their "research". If you want to get him circumcised, do it! I'm not letting anyone persuade me not to. I knew what's best for my baby so that's what I'll do.  
I've NEVVER HEARD of a baby dying from it (smh) some ppl say stupid things . Both my son's had it done its better than having all that extra skin on it looking GROSS they only hurt for 3-4 days long as they have their bottle & meds they will b ok. He won't feel a thing when he gets it done they will num him they will do it the day u guys are release from the hospital & tell u what to do at home to take care of it & give u some things to keep it clean!!
I've never heard of a baby dying from it either but just hearing those words terrify me:/
Make your own choice its your child. Everyone may want to be helpful but at the end of the day u have a right to choose. Don't believe the myth that circumcisions have killed. That's not true.
My son and my bf don't have it done and neither of them look gross. Its your choice either way you baby will still have a penis its really just what you would find better.
I agree with Cinncity... I have assisted in these procedures before and they aren't terrible. Baby is numbed up, yes they scream but most newborns scream when you lay them down and they aren't swaddled it's just how they are. Yes there is a reduced risk of infection. People on here talk about men and STDs but I have seen several little boys with intact foreskins get UTIs and infected foreskin. I've also seen kids who need it done when they are older. In the US the risk of a baby dying from circumcision is about as likely as you getting struck by lightening and then hit by a car immediately after. It just doesn't happen here. Its a very clean and common procedure with very minimal risk of complications. Lastly I have known several men who weren't circumcised who wish they had been as babies, and personally I don't think its attractive at all to have an intact foreskin as an adult.
He will much rather have it done as a baby then knowing and feeling the pain as an adult
It will save him a lot of stress. And he most definitely not resent you for it.
Just look up number of babies that die from circumcision each year in the us. Other countries have banned the practice because it is seen as inhumane. Do what you want but please verify what I am saying for yourself. I'm not making this up
EllaMari what you are doing is fear mongering. My practice circumcises hundreds of babies a year and in the 7 years I've been there not one had even had a minor infection let alone a death. There is a huge difference between getting it done in the hospital and having a religious leader do it so make sure you specify with your search.  
I hate when girls say "it doesnt hurt him hes a baby" it doesnt matter what age he is,hes getting skin CUT OFF with no numbing its going to hurt him and i just couldnt put my child through that. God made it that way to stay that way, not to get it chopped off. Who cares what it "looks" like gosh people. My baby cousin actually got his penis half way cut off and now hes 9 and its very small and weird and took a very long time to heal. If you clean it right and teach him how to clean it right there will be no infection. This is just my opinion.
I got my son circumsized. I didn't have to give him and medicine , just put vaseline on his pee-wee for a week. He's perfectly fine (:
any*
Circumcision Is A Surgery, There Are Risks Associated With Any Surgery. Therefore, It Is Possible For Deaths To Have Occurred From Complications With This Surgery. It Is An Unnecessary Cosmetic Surgery That Is Only Prevalent In The Untied States.
Haaleyskye why do you say no numbing? They do give the baby local anesthesia as well as sucrose pacifiers.
You shouldnt rely on youtube or google because its someones personal experience but every experience is different. I let my husband choose and he wants it circumcized and thats what he will be whether I like it or not. Yes its painful just like falljbg and busting his teeth out on an end table like my hubby did lol but in the end its what you want. I personally would feel pretty crappy if I didnt clean him well enough since I have NO experience with boys and for him to have bad infections so idk just my opinion but I would speak with your significant other and let him decide...men know better about that area than we do lol
Decisions decisions Im going back and forth here idk what to do but I've got about 16 days to think about it! I thank all of you ladies for your opinions!!:)
Like they say it's really ur choice...but I personally wouldn't do it and about getting in infection ur running the risk on getting an infection whether ur circumcised or not it's all about hygiene all u got to do is show ur son how to be clean I have 2 son's and I didn't do it and thank god their healthy and without any infections and about looking ugly if u think about it, it's not for the public to see the only person that will end up seeing their private part will be their future partner.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.