pills?

Has anyone else taken the Ondansetron pills for nausea?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There are different types of zofran (brand name).  I took the kind that dissolve in your mouth with my first pregnancy and they didn't do a whole lot for me.  2nd preg I had the kind you swallow--no dissolving.  It worked for vomiting (was vomiting every 30 mins without them) but caused horrible constipation.   I had to cut the pills in half and quarters to deal with constipation. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
I've taken them and they didn't work for me at all but then again nor did phenegran or reglan...my body may just be stubborn...lol. Best wishes to you, I hope that you have better luck with them and that you get relief ASAP....feel better.
Helpful - 0
Yes best pill ever for nauseous pregnant woman they were a lifesaver for me
Helpful - 0
Best pills ever. Little pills of magic. One of the only meds that's worked for me.
Helpful - 0
Best pill ever, one of the only ones that's helped me with the nausea. Just drink lots of water!
Helpful - 0
That was the only way I could function till I was 15 weeks. It did cause constipation for me as well. You can take it on an empty stomach, which was completely necessary for me. I couldn't attempt food till about 20 minutes after I took it.
Helpful - 0
You can take them without food. Also, if you let them dissolve under your tongue they work faster than swallowing them. I wouldn't make it without mine!
Helpful - 0
Another question. Do i take them with food ? Or its ok to take them without food
Helpful - 0
Thank you ladies :)
Helpful - 0
Omg yes they were like drops of magic for me... Instant relief!  And I had really really really bad all day sickness
Helpful - 0
Yes they were a life saver for me also! They did however cause constipation so like the lady above said drink lots of water, and eat fiber rich foods.
Helpful - 0
They do nothing for me. Like taking water, lol.
Helpful - 0
Yes. I don't think I would make it out of bed without them. Just make sure to drink lots of water while taking them because they can cause constipation.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.