sad dad

my baby daddy is not excited about this baby at all.... how long do you think til he comes around a little? anyone else dealing with sad daddy's ?
My mom always told me, "a woman becomes a mother when she becomes pregnant, and a man becomes a father when he sees his baby". My boyfriend is excited but doesn't show it as much. Everytime I mention it he just keeps telling me he wants him here already. As we get closer to August I see him coming around more and more..
Only thing u can do is stay healthy for your baby... Don't dwell on the fact that he isn't excited.. The sad fact is that some dad's come around and some don't.. **** some dads are excited in the beginning and then disappear after baby arrives so there's really know way of knowing what the outcome will be just be grateful for your baby and pray that thongs will change... Good luck with everything sweetie
Yea it just depends on him. You won't really know until the baby gets here. I have a 4yr old son and his dad was super excited at first then we broke up and he left...he ended up contacting me on our sons birthday and came back around. I'm currently 23weeks pregnant with a girl but the same dad and he wasn't as excited because he kept saying he wanted our sons to.be the only child. When he started to come around at the idea of having another child he wanted another boy but come to find out it's a girl. We ended up breaking up not because the baby but I haven't seen or spoken to him in about one month. So yea you just never know.
I actually feel like he's coming around a little bit.each day.

I'm just sad because I feel like this will be my last pregnancy and I wanted excitement surrounding it because with my first pregnancy everyone was disappointed and I just wanted to be happy! :)
Yea I understand I was expecting to get the same positive reaction from him because the first pregnancy went so well. I figured this one would be even better since we're older and our finances are much better but I just figured I'm not going to let him ruin the excitement of my pregnancy. This will be my last and I'm sitting grateful to have both a boy and a girl. You have to just keep your head up and not let him let you down.
My husband isn't sad but he definitely doesn't seem very excited. This is our third and he hasn't even touched my tummy and I'm 36 weeks. Think the novelty has worn off third time round. Just wait till u r man meets baby... u shud see a whole new side to him.
My hubbys wanted a baby for years and doesnt appear over excited when he found out bubba was a bit was the most excited hes gotten allow him to come round in his own way its a massive thing happening to both us and daddys and we have so much support through it there isnt a lot for dads he will come round its properly as scared and excited as you just doesnt wanna panic you but letting it show x

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.