suggestions??

FTM . Im due date is june 2nd, im 39 weeks pregnant and im getting induced june 4th since my baby hasent dropped nor i have dialated. I really dont want to be induced, any suggestions of what to do?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I will call and ask first thing monday, my dr never likes to patients to go over their due date, my cousin and a friend both went to her before and she never let them go over their due date. Thanks ladies, i just thought it was something they have to do
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Agree with Geekmom1213
Helpful - 0
A week^
Helpful - 0
They don't have to induce you. I think you can just deny it because with my first i went like awwee over my due date. You have a choice. Your body knows what to do and when it's time.
Helpful - 0
Here's what you do to avoid being induced:
Say no.
Cancel the appointment.
Tell your doctor that you trust your body to know when it's time to go into labor.

Without a significant medical reason to induce earlier, there's no reason you can't continue to wait up to 42 weeks before delivering if that's what your body decides to do. As long as you and baby are both healthy, you have every right to refuse artificial induction or augmentation of labor.
Helpful - 0
Only reason i dont want to get induced is due to the stories i hear. Some say is not thay bad, but the fact that my mother was induced and she lasted 24 hrs in labor is kind of scaring me. My due date is in less than 4 days, i dont think he will be here by the 2nd ,
Helpful - 0
Thanks davonna , will keep doing so, i was surprised my last visit and she said i hadn't dialated. The pineapple thing, i heard about it, will try that also.
Helpful - 0
I'm a ftm and was told I would be induced as well. But I still have a few weeks to go so they haven't addressed it yoo6 much yet. May I ask why you don't want to be induced? Is there negatives to having it done? Side effects? I have no idea what to expect so you have me wondering now. :)
Helpful - 0
We have the same due date :) lol I was induced with my first child and let me just say this it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (everyone's different) I would say to prevent getting induced try walking more, eating pineapples (it softens the cervix) and eat spicy foods maybe that can help bring on labor
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.