Pregnancy: Social Community

to the cat lovers

My cat is pretty much like my baby now. We sleep together every night and she is very protective of our house. She does not like when anyone else visits. Im nervous to see how she will act when my baby is born. So to everyone who has cats... how did it go when you brought your child home? Did you not let your cat sleep with you anymore (bc the baby will be next to your bed for a while)? Were they mean to them? Or were they just curious and got on with their lives?
I am the same with my treacle. Had him for 14 years and im 14 weeks pregnant. My patner keeps saying how my treacle is gona b shut out of rooms an stuff. Making me get upset for treacle. Please anyone help us cat lovers :-(
I thought cats were bad to have around during pregnancy
My cat loves to snuggle right now. She is currently laying over my belly. My cat is pretty mellow so I haven't put much thought into it. I think I'm just gonna hope for the best.
Cats arnt bad to be around while pregnant only their feces.. and really thats only if you touch them with your hands and dont wash your hands
I'm worried about my kitty too. She Likes to sleep on me and my husbsnd. She is very spoiled. I don't know how she is going to be either
Our cat used to sleep in our bedroom before pregnancy and during. Also have 2 dogs. Whilst pregnant I stopped all animals in bedroom at night, as a precaution. Got them an extra comfy bed to sleep on and an extra blanket on the sofa. They got used to it quick so wasn't such a shock, new baby and being forced out. Cat didn't take any notice of baby though.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.