trouble gaining

Anybody else not putting on weight like they "should"? I am 20 weeks and between losing and gaining and losing and gaining again, I have put on 1 pond from my pre pregnancy weight. At my last appointment the doctor said he was growing normally but I am worried about me... I think I am eating enough...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am 27 weeks today and I'm 18 lbs under my pre pregnancy but I haven't had the doctor get onto me. I'm also over weight...so maybe that's why
Helpful - 0
Yessss. I am 35 wks and have only gained 9lbs. Its normal. I always gain 10-23 lbs and always the last two weeks. Its all baby and placenta. I never eat bad crappy food and don't over eat so I am exactly what I should weigh. My family worries about me and says I'm too skinny but my other two babies are big big boys and were eight pound babies and I only gained about 13 lbs with them lol just never been a fan of junk food or binge eating and stayed active and working and in the gym. ;)
Helpful - 0
I lost 20 lbs and didn't start gaining weight until the third trimester. I'm just below my prepregnancy weight now at 38 weeks.
Helpful - 0
I didnt start gaining weight till about 24 weeks... now im 29 weeks and I have gained about 10lbs so give it time
Helpful - 0
I'm 37 weeks today and have only gained 10 pounds so far  
Helpful - 0
I'm 17 weeks and I've lost a little oover 30 pounds. my doctor said the baby is the right size. i'm not sick at all. i just dont have an appetite. but i feel great.
Helpful - 0
I've been the same way. I'm almost 18 weeks now and with the little weight I've gained recent, Im still 3 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think it's an issue as long as baby is growing OK. I don't have the appetite people seem to think I should, but it also varies from day to day. I really don't think it's an issue. If it was, I'm sure your doctor would be concerned.
Helpful - 0
I'm almost 22 weeks and have only gained 3 pounds -.-
Helpful - 0
My dr said I've gained a half of a lb & I'm 33 weeks. Having another 4d untrasound this week due to low weight gain.  She told me to drink a milkshake everyday.
Helpful - 0
I weighed 126 before this pregnancy and I am now 17 weeks and i only weigh 120 my doctor said as long as the baby is doing good than I don't need to worry. You should be fine.
Helpful - 0
My first pregnancy I gained 1 whole pound (lots of sickness). This pregnancy I'm 28 weeks and just finally hit double digits. Every person and every pregnancy is different. You may find that the weight will start increasing as you get further into your 3rd trimester. As always, though, if you're concerned about it, have a conversation with your doctor or call and ask your nurse. They may have some recommendations to help or they may just tell you not to worry.
Helpful - 0
I'm 29 weeks and finally just now gained 5 pounds... I lost around 40 pounds up until 28 weeks. I was on a really strict diet of grazing for food every ten minutes, spoonful of ice cream every 45 minutes, half a glass of water every 30 minutes and only eating mac and cheese, spaghetti, and cereal bc that is all I can keep down. I have been on that diet since 22 weeks!
Helpful - 0
Im 19weeks and I just barely put on a few punds. I lost quiet abit but thats been my normal in my last to pregnancies and kids are supper healthy.. pluss we will put more weight like in month 7 :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.