Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy: Social Community
17.3k Members

uti or kidney infection

Has anyone had an uti or kidney infection while pregnant? I'm having cramps on the right side of my uterus and a burning/Sharp pain on my right side of my back. it's very painful so called my ob's nurse. I had to do a u.a. I'm patiently waiting for the results. Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain?
4 Responses
12584065 tn?1436324114
Ive had a UTI and kidney stones during pregnancy. I may have a stone now so going in for kidney sonogram next week. Yhe best thing u can do at this point is to drink tons of water. Also, ive found that drinking pure cranberry juice(not cocktail,only 100% cranberry) helps a lot and sometimes eliminates symptoms all together. Good luck.
Thanks for responding. I've been trying to drink lots of water but I'm still uncomfortable. I'm just going to have to though it out until they figure out what it is.
12584065 tn?1436324114
Yeah hopefully ur UA will tell them whats going on. It should. The antibiotics will help a lot. Take care
11515243 tn?1427132631
I had a uti and a kidney stone. I drink a lot of water and still wound up with one. There isn't much you can do. But if you do have an infection they'll give you antibiotics to cure it.
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.