vitamin k for newborn

Hi . Ladies.  I was reading yesterday that after the baby born the midwife will ask you if you agree to give him vitamin k . This is new for me ( FTM) ..of course if it is good for my son l will do it, just want to know if you have been through this ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is incredibly important. It is totally harmless to babies who don't need it (it's something the body already produces) but for babies who have clotting disorders and don't produce this, it is life saving. There's no way to know before birth whether or not a baby has a clotting disorder so it's given as a prophylactic measure to every newborn. Skipping it would be like playing Russian roulette with your newborn's life. If they don't need it, they're okay. But if they do, and you don't get it... I'd never be able to handle having that kind of consequence on my conscience for the rest of my life, that's for sure.
Helpful - 0
Thank you . Know I get it , I would do any thing if it is good for my boy . Thanks ♥
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Social Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.