Pregnancy: Social Community

weight loss

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant, tomorrow being week 13. I found out march 1st I am expecting child number 4. On march 6 I weighed 175 pounds. April 14 I had my first ob appointment and I weighed 170 pounds. This morning I weighed myself and I've lost another 4 pounds, putting my weight at 166 pounds. I have never lost weight like this when I was pregnant with my other 3 children and I'm getting concerned.
Does anyone else have this problem and is it normal to have lost 9 pounds in a little over a months time? I've been taking my prenatal vitamins daily and eating more than normal. I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Im 12weeks and 5 days and I lost weight too. My Dr said it's normal for some pregnancies. Just double check with your Dr your next visit.
Make sure ur drinking enough water
With my first 2 I gained from the start. This time I lost about 10 pounds. I'm now 25 weeks and still down by 1 pound but my OB has been watching me and he's pleased that I have stopped losing and started to even out. He said that as long as I'm holding water and food down and I don't lose in excess of maybe 20 pounds then it is considered somewhat normal. He gave me nausea medication also which I think helped me catch back up.
I havent had any kind of morning sickness, so I know I'm not losing weight for that reason. I get nauseous when I smell something that don't agree with me but have never got physically sick.  I am drinking plenty of fluids and always have water with me where ever I go. My friends and family tell me its normal to lose weight before gaining it. I do take walks everyday and I'm not sure if that could have something to do with my weight loss too or not. I'm just concerned because as I said, I have three children already and this has never happened to me.
I doubt that the walking is a contributor. You'll probably stop losing in the next few weeks...I was really surprised to lose weight too because with my others I did nothing but gain. This time I only actually threw up a few times but still lost the weight, so I'm not sure if the nausea meds helped me to not lose more than I lost.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.