Pregnancy: Social Community

weight problems

Hey ladies. Before I got pregnant I weighed 120! I then weighed 96 pounds due to sickness. Then I gained weight back up to 104. And in two days I've dropped 2 pounds. So I'm now at 102. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and my ob told me I desperately need to gain weight. I have been so sick. Taking zofran every meal. Does not help. I don't know what else to do...
Idk maybe ensure or something like that.  
I throw that up bc the after taste and it sits too strong on my stomach...
Well you're probably stressed out from all the puking.  Zofran with every meal?  Omg you will be so constipated mama.  I feel for you.  Keep your fluids up--Gatorade, juice, anything. And eat anything that stays down.  Good things to try to keep down are proteins & carbs--fruit smoothies, hard boiled eggs, chicken, etc.  Even if you can drink a milkshake it will help.  Try cold foods vs hot foods.  I ate homemade pasta salad at the same hour of the day for a week straight once while I was in the vomiting stage. 2nd pregnancy has been worse for me but I only lost 6 lbs before I started the zofran & then I could eat most days.  Good luck!
If the zofran isn't helping the vomiting ask the doc for a different med.
Bananas helped me. I usually ate one before I got out of bed. Try also, fiber one granola bars. I snack on those throughout the night when I wake up and even throughout the day. Lemon water. Cereal, like corn flakes helped me. But if your medicine isn't helping, ask for an alternative.
They've tried three other medications for vomiting. None have worked. Lol I actually have diarrhea. I was constipated till about two weeks ago. I'm definitely very stressed from being so sick for 20 weeks straight.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.