Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community

Chance for multiples?

Late last year my boyfriend was dignosed with testicular cancer. In January of this year he had a testicle removed. We found out in April we are expecting. We have this strange feeling that it may be twins. Mulitiples are on both my side of the family and his. Im only six weeks and my tummy is already a little noticable, my fatige is off the charts. No morning sickness yet. We have a doctors appointment late next week. I just can not shake the feeling that its more than one in there. Any advice would be lovely. Thanks!
HI,
With history of multiples on both sides of the family, the chances of twin pregnancy cannot be ruled out. Symptoms like morning sickness are expected but not necessary. The abdominal girth is more than in a singleton pregnancy. Diagnosis is possible on an ultrasound scan even in early pregnancy. Consult your gynaecologist. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.