Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community

Kidney Stones: 31 weeks along with twins

I'm 31 weeks along with twins and spent a few hours being monitored yesterday because of extreme pressure making it difficult to walk.  Both baby girls were just fine and I'm not dilated at all.   However my urine culture came back positive for a urinary track infection and calcium crystals-on call hospital doc said that usually indicates kidney stones and gave me an antibiotic.    I follow up with my regular doc on Monday and just a bit nervous as to what he may say.... Anyone been here??
HI,
This can be due to a urinary infection or associated renal stones. Urinary stones are difficult to diagnose during pregnancy and need further confirmation by doing an ultrasound scan. Also if at all there are stones they are likely to be small as you have no symptoms. Hence just keep your cool and things will tide over.
Good luck.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.