Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community

Listeria while pregnant

I am probably just worrying too much but I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and early in my pregnancy I developed flu like symptoms similar to Listeria. I also ate hotdogs and lunch meat often at this time. I just read that if you have had listeria while pregnant that the baby can contract it during birth and die within a 1-2 weeks. I am worried that I may have had it and now my baby is going to be effected. What should I do?
If this is worrying you, you should call your doctor's office and ask them. I think the biggest risks of listeria are miscarriage or early labor which would occur while you still have it so you don't have to worry about those. Yes, there is some risk that the baby could have been affected but I read a lot of women who have it their babies are just fine. I have never read that they can die 1-2 weeks after birth but again, if you are worrying about this, ask your doctor. Stress is no good and hopefully they can give you some peace of mind.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.