Non stress test

Does anyone know what non stress testing is and when it should start in a twin pregnancy? I'm going on 28 weeks and my doctor mentioned it way back at 22 weeks but I have not had any yet....hmm..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
non stress test is when they lay you on an exam table and strap on fetal monitures to the belly to moniture the baby's activity. i started mine at around 24 weeks. it usually took me 10-20 minutes but my 2 were super active and they got all the information they needed in that time. the tech told me some women were there for as long as 2-3 hours. so it all depends on your little bun and how active s/he is. if you have a good tech it's not so bad. mine would sit in the room with me if my mom or greg didn't go to the appointment with me and just shoot the sh!t while we got all the info. she also told me that eating right before or during the test helps keep the little one's moving and active.
Helpful - 0
It is done in the 3rd trimester.

http://www.*****************.org/prenataltesting/non-stresstest.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonstress_test

Here in Germany, they call it a CTG.  I also had this in my last pregnancy twice.  Once in the 3rd trimester (dont remember which week) and once in the 2nd trimester when I slipped and fell down (they gave me U/S and also hooked me up to the CTG)

Helpful - 0
My dr told me to do 2x wk starting 20 wks and when I was put on bed rest at around 26wks had to go 3x. Sometimes it just took 20mins sometimes 2hrs depending of how active twins were. Also most of the time the monitors were catching the same heart beat. Some nurses would actually just come and sit with us just so they have the reading. I used to get so tired of going. But it helped.
Helpful - 0
it was funny hearing both heart beats.....we always knew when they were fighting. of course i always felt when they were fighting...*sigh* and they haven't stopped since conception. lol.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.