Pregnancy Community

1st Pregnancy

I'm 19. Going to be 20 in June. Its my first pregnancy. I'm currently 7 1/2 weeks (May 12,2016) and I'm just wondering what I should do. My parents don't like the relationship I'm in so they aren't helping. Can anyone give me advice on what I should and should not be doing with this pregnancy ?! Anything would be really great
I'm 20 years old, and I'm preparing to be a single mom. When I found out, I was only 4 weeks pregnant. I immediately begin to take my vitamins and set up appointments. It's important that you take care of yourself and don't stress about your parents not liking your relationship or anything else. As time goes by they'll come around. Since you are so early on make sure you're focusing on taking care of yourself and eating right for your baby. Getting all the nutrients you need to keep your pregnancy healthy. I'm new to this myself and that's the best advice I can give so far. I'm 13 weeks and fours days as of today.
U should just stay focused,eat healthy and it doesnt matter your religion but prayer works too. If your not working start searching for a job to help finance you and your baby. trust me you'll be ok. Good luck
Look for help in your community. A lot of hospitals and non profits give free parenting classes and even rewards (like baby products) if you attend their classes. You can network their with other young moms and find breastfeeding support groups if that's something you might be interested in.
Mainly, figure out your health insurance and make sure you and baby are covered. Start taking prenatal vitamins, and talk things through with someone else whether it's parents, your partner or a friend.
You might be surprised at your parents change of heart when their grand child is born. A new baby brings a lot of love even if they don't agree with your relationship. Give your parents time, they might surprise you.
I'm going to be 20 in June too and this will be my second baby in June as well. My parents didn't like the baby's dad but once I had my son and they got to know my now fiance everything came together. I hope everything turns out well for you! Just make sure you have all your medical covered for when you are ready to give birth and after and the test will fall into place.
I'm 19 and a first time mom as well. My boyfriend isn't 100% supporting me with the baby and I'm now 32 weeks along along have done everything on my own because my mother is also not supporting me. Since I'm young alondnd doing everything on my own the first thing I did was apply for medicaid. My doctors also set me up with programs so I got alondnd free car seat, pack and play, and also classes.
can I just say Sammswift you should be very proud of yourself. For a 19 yr old girl, you have organised yourself well and to be so independent. Your baby is very lucky to have you as a mammy. I really hope you get more support although if you don't I have no dought you will do great.