Pregnancy Community

33 weeks 3 days

Do I have to wash the babies brand new clothes? I hate to wash new clothes. This is because clothes don't look the same after the first wash. I usually hand wash. Any insight I can get on washing baby new  clothes vs not  washing new clothes.
You should wash them because you don't know who all touched them and where they were while in the store. It's a lot, I know, but better to clean them off all chemicals or other things that may be on them. :)
Thank you:) is there a special soap I have to use?
I agree, definitely wash EVERYTHING you plan on using for your baby. Bedding, clothes, even the diaper changing pad cover. And a dye free, perfume free detergent like dreft is easier on baby's sensitive skin.
Better to wash then with  dreft because somethings can irritate your baby's skin. I washed all my baby clothes with that andthey smell just like Johnson&Johnson baby products.
I washed all the clothes for both my kids. My son had extremely sensitive skin and broke out in rashes. So it was easier for me to just wash all the stuff in dreft or free and clear laundry detergent before they wore them. It really doesn't take that long since the stuff is so small you can fit a lot in the washer at once. Also wash on cold setting and dry on low or med heat. It keeps it looking new
Dreft  never really heard of that. But it sounds good I have pretty sensitive skin so do my siblings. So the chances of my baby having sensitive skin are high. Will I be able to find it in the commissary or walmart?
You can find dreft at Walmart. I know its a little pricey but to me its totally worth it so my little.baby don't break out. I know I hate breaking out because of things I'm allergic to.  Couldn't imagine my little guy having to deal with that.
Sounds great thank you ladies :)