Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

37 weeks

Pain in my lower tummy, left hand side. It's a constant pain, is this normal what could it be? I'm really tired and have a sore back too, baby is still moving but this pain in my lower tummy is so sore. Please help?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Causes of pain in the lower left quadrant include: constipation irritable bowel syndrome, gas and diverticulitis can cause pain in the intestines. A urinary tract infection or kidney stone may cause lower abdominal pain. Heart disease can cause pain in the abdomen, as can pneumonia, pancreatitis or an ulcer. Ovulation, menstruation, pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy can cause pain. A pregnant woman might experience Braxton Hicks or labor contractions or a placental abruption. Cancer can also cause abdominal pain

Helpful - 0
1533382 tn?1357962152
Appendix is on the right side. If the pain is there from about belly button down then its possible. But on the left side? Not sure? Could be the way baby is laying in your belly. Could be contraction. Could be all your pelvis moving getting ready to deliver. If your gut says go in then get yourself in and checked but if its on the left side I doubt it's your appendix.
Helpful - 0
Definitely check with doc! It could be round ligaments stretching too drink lots of water n relax lay on your left side
Helpful - 0
Appendix is there.  Call OBGYN immediately to make sure nothing serious
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.