Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

40 weeks! No sign of labor

I have no signs or symptoms of baby coming im due tomorrow and nothing!! What can i do !?
6 Responses
This didn't work for me but I know a lot of people who it did work for, sex. If you are able to handle it try it. Or try going for a long walk around a track or around the block a few times.
Great idea about the walk!! Thank you!!
My mom told me I was born at 10th month and a week. I suppose it is normal.
Ive tried alsorts up to now, raspberry leaf tea, sex, walking, birthing ball. Nothing seems to be working for me, im 9days overdue. Ive had 2 sweeps aswell.
Sex will efface the cervix and walking works with gravity to align baby to push on cervix and dilate. I had sweep done for 3 out of 4 babies and it worked every time with the help of walking and sex. I want to say though I think if dr or midwife has large fingers it helps. #3 was born in the sack and the midwife who did my sweep was crazy tall with huge  fingers so I think that helped.
1816154 tn?1463430018
You could try cumin tea. All you need,
get 2 tblsp  cumin seeds, not the powder.
A coffee filter
8oz water
boil the water with the cumin seeds in it for 5 minutes.  When it's done put the filter kinda in the cup so that way you can catch the seeds. Let it cool for like a minute or two and drink kinda fast. I did this with my 3rd baby and I went from 0%effaced and 0 dilation to finger tip dilated and 50% effaced but because my hospital don't do vaginal birth after csections I had to do a csection but it took 2 hours for it to work and I was in labor after that.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.