Pregnancy Forum

9 days late, 3 negative HPTs, could I still be pregnant??

My period is currently 9 days late. Ever since I had my daughter (feb. '06) my period was right on schedule every 43 days.  Well this month it has not shown up yet! For the last 2 weeks Ive had cramps, and than just for the last four or five days Ive had backaches, headaches, Ive been VERY queasy, and extremely exhausted! And I dont know if Ive imagined things but my sense of smell has been QUITE hightened these last few days! Ive taken three HPT's and all were NEGATIVE. I tested when I was 2 days late, 5 days late and than yeserday, 8 days late. Im wondering if its still possible that I could be pregnant and just getting a negative response on the HPT's.  I havent really heard of anyone going 9 days late and still not getting a positive result.  AND if Im not pregnant what else could be wrong??  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months now and this would be wonderful news!  I know we had sex quite a few times around the dates that I ovulated.  Any information would be great! Thanks!
Did you use OPK's to track your ovulation, because maybe you ovulated late, so either your period will be late (it happened to me in December, that's the only time in my whole life I've been late) or if you ovulated late and got pregnant it might not be enough days past to show a positive pregnancy test, which also has happened to me with this pregnancy and everything is going fine and am currently 18 weeks. I'd give it a few more days, test again and if it's still negative have your doctors run a blood test. My friend never got a positive home pregnancy test when she went to the doctors she ended up being 13 weeks pregnant. Good luck and baby dust!!!
well just a piece of info, a home pregnancy test  doesnt not detect your hCG hormone until the 5th week of pregnancy, because there ests are kind of week, you have to wait til your levels are higher. You may be pregnant, but might be only a few weeks so either one or two things, one- wait another week or so, or two- go to the ob/gyn and have her do a blood test, because those are alot stronger.
With my first 2 children I never got a positve result..I actually had to have the dr do a blood test to get the results..but sure enough I was pregnant..call your dr and ask for a blood test..
Thanks everyone for the info! After I posted my question this morning I laid down with my 14 year old daughter and took a nap for about 2 hours.  When I woke up I noticed a weird abdominal pain, but only on the left side.  And than I used the restroom and when I wiped (sorry if TMI) there was a *slight* pinkish brown tinge on the paper... so now I have no clue what the heck is going on!  Usually before I start my period I dont have any brownish color discharge... I usually just start BLEEDING... so who knows.  I think I will wait a few days, see what else happens, retest and if I still get a negative OR if I still havent started my period I will call my drs office and schedule an appointment.    
lol... so just reread what I wrote... and just to clarify my daughter isnt 14 yrs old, shes 14 months old... my brain is somewhere else these days! lol.. just thought Id clarify that.  And now Im 10 days late... spotting a little bit, and last night I was watching tv with my hubby and the show we were watching showed someone puking and I had to run to the bathroom because it made me so sick! (which usually it would never effect me)  So anyways... I dont understand. Going to go out and buy more tests and see what those say!
Hi I having the same problem, My last menstral was 4/30 and I stillhave nit gotten a menstral  yet I have took a bld test and still neg. al my bld work is saying normal but I still have not got a menstral yet what should I do? I also have a 7yr old daughter and I have not been or close to becomming preg I am ready to have another child but I starting to believe I that I cannot have any. Again what should I do?
I would like to give you some inspiring information. About 17 years ago I had a baby girl and thought man I would like to have a baby boy to make my family complete. Well my husband and I tried for years and years and nothing. We had every test done you can think of and the doctor kept saying well we have no idea why you aren't getting pregnant! So I eventually gave up! Thought, well maybe it isn't meant for me to have another baby. If my periods are right on track and nothing is wrong with my husband and nothing is wrong with me and the doctors can't seem to find out why on earth I'm not getting pregnant then maybe it's just not meant to be. About 6 months later my niece came over and asked me to ride in town with her. She was going to buy a pregnancy test. Well she got the one that had two tests in it. And it was a very cheap *I think store brand* test. She took one and it came back positive, I was very upset inside but didn't let it show on the outside because I wanted to be happy for her and supportive. Well we were at the gas station and she was like oh go take the other one. I look at her and I'm like I will not, I'm not having any more babies. She asked me to over and over  and so I went into the bathroom there and pee'd on the stick and it turned PINK!! I couldn't believe it!! I went back to the store and bought a second one to take and show my husband. I was 2 months pregnant at the time and didn't even know it. So my daughter is now 17 and my son 9. The whole point to my story is that sometimes we try a little too hard and then when we don't get pregnant we seem to think we are doomed at every having more babies. Then once we give up the miracle happens. I think I was hoping for too much and then had to much stress on me because it wasn't happening. Then once I have up I got pregnant and was so set on thinking that I wasn't ever going to have any more I didn't believe it when I was.   And I would like to add.. After my son I got my tubes cut and clipped. After Nine years I just had a tubal reversal March 15, 2007, and just found out I'm pregnant! I hadn't expected it to be so sudden and I wasn't even really trying for it to happen this soon. So don't give up but give up * if you know what I mean* and good things may come flying your way!! Sticky baby dust to you!!

Patty
I am also in a similar situation, though I don't have any symptoms to speak of. I've never been late and I'm now at day 9 with nothing. I have had cramps for weeks and yesterday starting feeling cranky and PMSy. I have 2 children and had such different early pg experiences that I can't even use them to compare. With my first, a week after I conceived, all my bras were too small. I also noticed a ton of CM. For the first 2 months, I swore I was getting AF becaues of the cramps. That was about it for symptoms. With my 2nd, I had no BB changes at all and no symptoms other than the CM. I do not have the CM this time, which leads me to think I am NOT pregnant, but since every PG is different, who knows?I am getting headaches, which I got with my other pregs, but I also get them when I'm not pregnant! I took my last test at 4 this morning (I always get up at night to use the bathroom, so I figutred that was as close to morning as I'd get.) I have a 1 yr old and a 2 1/2 year old, so if I am preg, I'd have my hands full. When I think I am, I am either exhilerated or terrified. When I think I am not, I am always disappointed. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was scheduled to get my tubes tied next week. I cancelled it because this experience proved that I might want one more baby.

I will be happy whether I am or not, but I just want to know!!!!!! I am on a lot of asthma medication that I had to go off with my last pregnancies, so I don't want to take it if I'm pg, or go off it if I don't have to.

I left a message at my doctor's office to see if they'll take my blood.

Anyway, I will come back and post my results when I know. While IO search message boards about this, I always look to see how it turned out for people.
Im in the same situation. My last period was 4/23 due 5/21. Went to PCP on 5/22 for other reasons & mentioned that I was only 1 day late. He decided to do a blood test anyway & because my blood pressure had been high for the last month. Test wes NEG which I figured it would be, being only a day late. Ive taken so many HPT during the week & still NEG. Me & the hubby r trying. We do hve a 4 yr old. Im 35 & he's 45. I had some brownish spotting in early May. I researched the web for days & realized it could be implantation. If i am expecting how far along would I be & when should i take anothe HPT????
Hi women! Okay, I am going crazy & need some of your knowledge.
I am now 3 days late for my period. I am somewhat iiregular though. The last 6 mths I've had a 24 or 25 day cycle. My last period started May 1st. I had unprotected intercourse on the 11th. (which would be about the time for ovulation)I didn't get the usual PMS symptoms this month. Usually my breasts are tender a week or more before AF, I get irritable, then cramp the day before. This month I got a yeast infection around the 19th. (I have never had one outside of being pregnant) My boobs did not get sore until the day I was supposed to start (24th)I've had some cramping, but mostly just above the pelvic bone. I usually get a lot of cramping all around. Been sneezing a lot, and have no allergies to anything. Been napping all week. Been spotting since the 24th. Light pinkish brown the first day, then light pink since. My cervix is high and closed. I'm a little queezy.
Now, I've had four children, so you'd think I'd know I was pregnant. Odd thing this time is I am holding the worlds record on # of negative pregnancy tests taken. I have taken 6 early tests this last week. ALL negative! It is so frustrating! I feel pregnant, but why would they ALL be negative? With all my other pregnancies, the tests showed + right away. My last one, I took it 3 days BMP, and it was +. Am I just late? Another thing I thought might be a factor is I am on an antidepressant now. Do you think it could affect the results?
Please someone help me figure this out! I hate not knowing!
Hi, I've been off the depo shot for a year and maybe two months my periods have been regular and fall the same time of the month for the past seven or eight months. I've been trying to get pregnant and have had no luck just yet. My period was two days late and on 5/27 when I went to use the bathroom their was blood, but it looked to be more old then the normal color. It's still doing that and the only time I bleed is when I go to the bathroom. I've taken pregnancy test after test and its still negative could I be pregnant or is that something else.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.