AM I CRAZY?

So at 12:25 am I made a post about me thinking my water broke I honestly think it did but I only have tiny back pain I know if I go to the hospital they'll send me home I'm waiting for contractions to start am I crazy for doing that??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Go to the hospital!  Worse to happen they send you home. Better safe then sorry. Lol a friend of mine thought herr water broke and went to the er to find out she peed herself
Helpful - 0
Lmaoo it wasn't pee thoo I know it wasn't lol
Helpful - 0
I heard your water can break up to a week before labor.
But I would still go get checked for the small chance something is wrong
Helpful - 0
No you need to deliver within 24 hours of your water breaking or your at risk for infection. Better safe than sorry to go to the hospital. My friends water broke at 4am, got to the hospital at 5, by 4 pm they had her on a steady drip of pitocin to speed up labor and bring on contractions and she had her baby at 10pm
Helpful - 0
Or instead of going you could just call your dr or your birthing suite at the hospital,  they may want you to wait a few hours to see if contractions start to avoid giving you pitocin. But either way if your 37 weeks or more your baby will be here within the next day ;)
Helpful - 0
I'm 38 weeks and 2 days :) I'm hoping he comes soon
Helpful - 0
My friends waterbroke without labour. She was admitted because you're at high risk of developing infection within 24hrs. The next day they started meds to get contractions happening.
Helpful - 0
Put on a pad, if you soak it in an hour you need to go in because yes the baby can develop an infection.
Helpful - 0
Bump, I still haven't developed contractions an they'll send me home
Helpful - 0
No they will not! You NEED TO GO NOW! YOU WILL GET AN INFECTION AND HARM YOUR BABY IF YOU WAIT MORE THAN 24HRS AFTER YOUR WATER BREAKS TO GO! GEEZ EVERYONE HAS TOLD YOU THIS. GO BEFORE YOU HURT YOUR CHILD THATS YOUR JOB.
Helpful - 0
Okay I'm sorry D': I'm new to this
Helpful - 0
Sorry for being rude but GET OFF YOUR PHONE AND GO NOW! Every minute you are "waiting for contractions" you are putting you and your baby more at risk for infection!!! Don't be dumb and sit there!
Helpful - 0
Hey I have seen you ask this question two or three times and you posted in the 25+ forum and you got the same answers. Why aren't you at labor and delivery yet? ???
Helpful - 0
We kept telling you to go last night hun. I caps locked hoping it would get read this time. Go to the hospital. They will take you and you will have your baby most likely in the next 12-16hrs. Good luck. Not wanting to be mean but baby needs you to do this.
Helpful - 0
If you're having pain in your lower back that could be contractions by the way, I felt ALL my contractions in my lower back! I saw you posted that you started getting sharp back pain 7 hrs ago. I wouldn't wait for anymore pain! Good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community