Admission & induction ?

When is it that they admit you to the hospital. I've heard you must be 4cm then they admit you. But does that still apply if you're not having regular contractions? Or will they induce you? I'll be 38wks Saturday & I go to the dr Friday morning. I was 3cm dilated last Thursday & I definitely think I've dilated some more since then, I've been having lots of menstrual like cramps & some lower back pain & some traces of mucus in my urine. And I'm just wondering if I am 4 or more cm dilated what they'll do?
If you are not contracting then you aren't in active labour so I don't think they'll admit you. It just depends on your situation / health of baby. Thy May chose to induce.
Everything I've researched said that at 4cm you're in active labor whether you're having/notice contractions or not, but idk. I was having mini contractions at 30wks & didn't even realize it... I just hope I've progressed some more like I think I have.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community