Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Admission & induction ?

When is it that they admit you to the hospital. I've heard you must be 4cm then they admit you. But does that still apply if you're not having regular contractions? Or will they induce you? I'll be 38wks Saturday & I go to the dr Friday morning. I was 3cm dilated last Thursday & I definitely think I've dilated some more since then, I've been having lots of menstrual like cramps & some lower back pain & some traces of mucus in my urine. And I'm just wondering if I am 4 or more cm dilated what they'll do?
2 Responses
6894081 tn?1390747763
If you are not contracting then you aren't in active labour so I don't think they'll admit you. It just depends on your situation / health of baby. Thy May chose to induce.
Everything I've researched said that at 4cm you're in active labor whether you're having/notice contractions or not, but idk. I was having mini contractions at 30wks & didn't even realize it... I just hope I've progressed some more like I think I have.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.