Alli??

I am over weight and I'm TTC. However I'm trying to lose some weight before I become pregnant. Is it safe to take Alli to help lose weight while TTC or when I become pregnant?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I actually asked a pharmacist if it was ok to take, and she said that it causes a lot of problems with people. If you read the back you'll see a list of possible side effects. If I were you I'd try something like slim fast. I went to their website and they say it's ok to take before you get pregnant and even while you are pregnant, there's nothing in it to make you lose weight it's just a milk shake and the snack bars are like a not so junky candy bar. Good luck on the weight loss, I'm trying too and it's not easy!
Helpful - 0
BTW you should really talk to your doctor before you start weight loss pills.
Helpful - 0
Umm I am in the smae position as you. I have about forty to forty five pounds to lose. I am going to start the south beach diet. The first two weeks are low carb. Then u can switch to the next phase which is where u add in healthy carbs. And u stay on that phase I beleieve until you lose the weight u want to lose. Then you switch to the last phase where you add in your occasional sweet treat i beleieve. I have to purchase the book still. This is all what I have heard from friends that have done it and lost all their extra weight. Good luck with everything!:)
Helpful - 0
I would recommend Weight Watchers.  Very easy and effective.  I always lose weight when I follow their guidelines.  You also don't have to worry about having any medications or weight loss pills in your system when you get pregnant.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community