A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members
14869466 tn?1447439017

Already 1cm Dilated! Help!

Hi! I'm currently 33 weeks and 4 days along. I went to my appointment Thursday and was told that I'm already 1cm at the back of my cervix. My Dr said that it's still firm and closed shut in the center and front but it's still too early for me to be dilated. Should I be worried (I am already) and what can I do to avoid dilating anymore until I'm in the safe zone at 37 weeks? Please help!?
8 Responses
I asked me doctor that question when I was checked and she sated no there is nothing to worry about pregnant women can be dilated and stay dilated for weeks till the baby is born. So I think it's okay I was dilated at 1cm and I was effaced at 30% when I asked her.
14869466 tn?1447439017
Well that's surely some real relief for me... I've been so worried.
I wouldn't worry to much about it you can stay 1cm dialated for weeks an even til birth. Try not to stress it's normal
14869466 tn?1447439017
Ok thank you. I was just more nervous because my Dr put me on bedrest.
I was 1cm dailated for 3 weeks with my first child , it's normal I wouldn't  worry about it !
I've never heard of that happening maybe your Dr is just being overly cautious which is not a bad thing you know your being well taken care of
14869466 tn?1447439017
Yes she's very cautious lol...
I'm 38w4d I go tomorrow  to get checked but my baby isn't doing anything at all
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.