Pregnancy Community

Already moms / need advice

so my son is 17 months and since he's been a baby he's always slept in my room ( from bassinet to my bed ) well my fiancé and I are moving and he's going to have his own room guess what I'm trying to ask is how Do I go about introducing him to sleeping on his own and in his own bed. I'm due next month with a girl and I vowed not to put her in my bed at all bc my son is spoiled !!!!
I truly think you should Krupa child in your bed for the first 4-6 months then after that put them in a crib or bassinet. Talk to him about it, try to use this time to excite him. Say positive things like he'll have his own bed, toys, and maybe a sippy filled with half water half apple juice. That way it has flavor, but mostly water. Make him feel like he's winning something.
Should keep* sorry
We did the opposite was living in 1 bedroom && couldn't put up his crib so once he outgrew his bassinet it was my bed :( but I deff will try this