Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Already moms / need advice

so my son is 17 months and since he's been a baby he's always slept in my room ( from bassinet to my bed ) well my fiancé and I are moving and he's going to have his own room guess what I'm trying to ask is how Do I go about introducing him to sleeping on his own and in his own bed. I'm due next month with a girl and I vowed not to put her in my bed at all bc my son is spoiled !!!!
3 Responses
I truly think you should Krupa child in your bed for the first 4-6 months then after that put them in a crib or bassinet. Talk to him about it, try to use this time to excite him. Say positive things like he'll have his own bed, toys, and maybe a sippy filled with half water half apple juice. That way it has flavor, but mostly water. Make him feel like he's winning something.
Should keep* sorry
We did the opposite was living in 1 bedroom && couldn't put up his crib so once he outgrew his bassinet it was my bed :( but I deff will try this
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.