Pregnancy Community

Another weight gain question??

I have gained 45 pounds my pregnancy and I'm not even done yet I'm almost 31 weeks.  My doctor keeps saying it's normal and everything is fine but the pregnancy tracker app says severe weight gain and I have no health issues and started at 135 5'7 muscular/fit before I was pregnant!  I admit I stopped working out completely because I get too worn out just doing everyday tasks. And I don't eat any junk food so why is this happening to me? :( I watch my calorie intake and still I'm blowing up like a freakin balloon! Ironically so is my husband and his diet hasn't changed lol
If your Dr isn't concerned,  then you're fine. Don't pay attention to the app and what it says..listen to your dr.
I'm just wondering how it seems as if everyone else has only gained 20-30 pounds their entire pregnancy it makes me feel bad.
I started pregnancy at 104lbs and am now 131 and only 28 weeks so I feel your pain!
I've gained around 45 pounds too. I'm due in 12 days. The app says I'm over weight as well. But my doctor said that I'm completely healthy and it's fine and I'll still be able to lose it all. My only guess is that I was super tiny before and also very active. So I had to gain extra weight to support what is going on in my body. For example my thighs got bigger because before my pregnancy they didn't touch. So they had to gain some weight to support the he added weight in my stomach.
I started at 117 and now I'm 150  and only 28 weeks. If your doc says your fine then don't worry.
As long as you're not eating junk food all day every day, you're ok. Your body is gaining the weight that is necessary. Your body knows what to do :)
Is it water weight? I had a friend who gained 75 pounds during her pregnancy and lost almost 40 pounds of it before she left the hospital after delivery. She said it was all water weight.
Yea u may b holding lot of water dnt worry ull lose most bfr u leave the hospital. Whtz ur height Also matters
If your doctor isn't concerned don't stress about it. My best friend is like 5'7 and she weight about the same at 135-140 and when she went in to have her lil girl weighed 280 but she also had over a 9lb baby and a lot of her weigh was water weight cuz she dropped 40lbs before she left the hospital. With my first I was 110lbs or less when I got pregnant at 5'2 and when I went in to have my daughter I weighed 155lbs left the hospital weighing 123lbs ....you could be carrying a lot of water in your body and it will most likely go away after having the baby and your body goes back to normal :) right now you have extra blood flowing through your body and you will retain water like if you were a camel lol enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and only worry when your doctor worries I know how it feels to look at the scale and go omg but you got to fight it as its normal during pregnancy :)
I started my pregnancy at 95 pounds and i weigh 165 pounds now and still pregnant its nothing to worry about ur baby is healthy
I'll be 39 weeks Friday and my app says I'm over weight.  I only gained 30 lbs. As long as you and the baby are healthy that's all that matters. Your dr will let ya know when he is concerned.  
@ anujanu1 I'm 5'7