A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
337111 tn?1266950223

Anybody here ttc or pregnant with GERD?

Just curious. I'm ttc (on month 5, thinking I will indeed get af in a few days... sigh...) and off GERD meds because my doc thought anything beyond Zantac is evil for a pregnant woman. And, darn, it's really uncomfortable! Makes eating so unpleasant that I've lost weight (I'm actually slightly underweight right now, which can't be good for getting preggo).

And I'm wondering once I do get pregnant how bad the symptoms could get (I hear heartburn gets bad in NORMAL people!).

Has anybody dealt wth this?
1 Responses
Hi!
           I actually had very badddd heartburn when I was pregnant with my son. It was so bad that through out my whole pregnacy I was on Prilosec because it was unbearable.
Before I got pregnant I did not get it much at all. The crazy thing is when I had my son he was diagnosed with GERD at 3 months he was on liquid Prilosec up until he was 1 year old. He is 3 now and he still gets it sometimes. I am trying for another baby myself and I hope I bypass the GERD this time! I hope this helps!  As far as symptons I was real sick for 3 months but I think that the Prenatal Vitamin that I was on was the cause for the sickness and not the actual pregnacy. I realized I was pregnant when my boobs got real sore I mean bad sore loll. and I took a test. The great thing is it only took 3 months for my husband and I to get pregnant! GOOD LUCK let me know if you get pregnant !  Thanks
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.