Pregnancy Community

Anyone having faintness/spotting?

Posted this kinda late and never got responses... Thought I'd try during day hours.. t would up at the bottom of the pot!

Okay I almost fell out at Hamricks yesterday, Got real dizzy, tunnelvision, went really white, lips went numb had to sit in floor sitting on chair didn't stop it. Then last night around 430am went potty and had a tiny smear of bright red when i wiped... Called Dr they said go to hosp in later morn. Woke about 830 went potty same thing , just bright red streaks, not much at all. like scraped knee qty... Went to local hosp. Gave urine sample they never processed it, it sat on the counter in room, (pre-eclampsia---passing out) (protein ? blood sugar?) Hooked me up to a fetal Heart monitor with belly belts for about 3 hrs... Which were read by a REMOTE OBGYN The only person I saw the whole time was the nurse, no dr, No cervix exam, nuttin. Then their result was that the baby was fine.... GREAT!!! BUT..... Is he on his way out and fine? OR happy where he is and fine... It just seems like at least my cervix should ahve been checked for effacement? a UA for protein, sugar?  What if this is preterm labor or placenta previa or a first time mom online WAAAYYY too much? Advice ladies? It is too early for this I am not ready!
How far along are you? I don't think it could be pre-eclampsia as I didnt think it caused bleeding or spotting. They should have done a UA to make sure you don't have a UTI or stones since Kidney issues are very common during pregnancy. It could have also been Placenta previa, which again should have been ruled out, and yes they should have checked your cervix to make sure it wasn't premature dilation or effecement.

I would def. think about switching hospitals. Was it the ER you went to? Or your local OB clinic?

The dizziness is also common in pregnancy and I know a lot of women here get it. I also have it really bad, and when I asked my doc about it he said it is caused by the blood being *forced* up and being circulated harder than normal, since preggers have an increase in blood and blood flow along with our hearts pumping 3 times harder than normal. It helps for me to sit straight up, and make sure I control my breathing. Laying never helped me unless the attack (what i call them) happens when im sitting, then I lay down on my left side for a little bit. I also noticed I get the attacks when im over heated and dehydrated.