Pregnancy Community

Are light ab workouts safe!?

am 5 weeks 5 days and I was wanting to know if it is safe to continue light ab workouts 5 to 7.5 minutes a day. Things like crunches and sit ups.
Idk, but I would find them kinda pointless.
I'm pretty sure you're not suppose to do any kind of ab workouts while pregnant
Im not positive but I'm going to say no.
And as kensleysmom stated pointless.
Due to the fact everything will be expanding and stretching fighting it would be counter productive.
Their are plenty of exercises you are able to do tummy firming shouldn't be one.
Not fighting but tightening *
Firstly this wouldn't be to lose or keep off weight or look skinny but for only health reasons and staying active. You might have gotten confused over the usage of the word "ab".
You should exercise while you are pregnant regardless leg work outs and walks yoga ect. All of which work your abdominal muscles. My question was mainly about doing light crunches and or sit ups. Obviously none of you actually know.
Yea I don't think any an work is recommended while prego. U can do all the workout u want after baby is here.
How could you find any form of exercise pointless? That is kind of  an idiotic statement, so are you telling me that staying healthy and active while pregnant is pointless haha
Find the right balance of rest and activeness and a good diet. Nothing to do while appearance girls strictly health.
I jus personally wouldn't risk it
try yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yoga has been great and relaxing!
I have been continuing leg and arm exercises but have been avoiding cardio and abs since I have found out I was pregnant. Also again ladies these are LIGHT 5 minute daily exercises. Not hardcore looking to get ripped workouts haha
no need to be angry. they are right. AB workouts are pointless if you are trying to tone your stomach, which by doing sit ups or crunches that's obviously what you're trying to do. there's no point in toning your stomach when pregnant. not only do you risk further separation of your abdominal muscles when further along, but your belly is going to grow and weaken your muscles regardless of what you do.this is why doctors recommending being in the best shape you can be before trying to get pregnant. because the healthier you are BEFORE pregnancy, the more likely you are to return to normal.
with that said, exercise is okay, but don't get your heart rate higher than 120 (per my OB when i was prego)
next time be nicer when posting. we're all trying to help each other!
Thank you for useful info.
I honestly believe I was mutually responding to comments. Not being kind or rude.