Arrythmias And Childbirth

I have a few different arrythmias and am getting nervous about giving birth. The only plan in place at the moment is that I will receive pain medication as soon as I enter L&D.

Anyone else give birth with arrythmias? What was your birth plan? Did you have a c-section, induced, natural?  Did you have any complications at all? Any information on what to expect would be great =D
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm not actually pregnant yet, but I have IST, and have had two ablations and a pacemaker implanted for it. My gyn is already planning on a C-section, just to be on the safe side.  What type of arrythmias do you have?
Helpful - 0
It depends on what types of arrythmias you have. I have sinus arrythmia, which is very common and not life threatening, which is irregular heartbeat (just skips every now and then). I have given birth vaginally twice and plan to this time pending all is well.

If you have serious arrythmias they most likely will schedule a c-section just to be on the safe side.
Helpful - 0
I have unsustained ventricular tachycardia, unsustained supraventricular tachycardia as well as bigeminy (a form of bradycardia)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community