Pregnancy Community

BE HONEST!!!!!!!!

ok so how many of you smoke? honestly!!!!!! while pregnant now, or while pregnant previously???and if so, aside from birthweight issues, have you been told that smoking can cause the placenta to not deatch and cause hemmoraging(sp?), or other things???

my ob has not mentioned anything aside from low birthweight, but the midwife i originally saw, gave me this loooooong run down of problems.....
i do not smoke, and would never consider smoking while pregnant.  however, my mother-in-law smoked thru all three of her sons (which includes my husband).  they had low birth weights, but that is the only problem that i am aware of in her situation...
I smoke 1/2 a cigarette every other day. I smoke American Spirit All Natural tobacco. It doesnt have any additives in it. It's not good by any means, but at least there's no tar or harsh chemicals. I've told all the doctors I've seen throughout this pregnancy (4 docs total! lol) and they all said "that's fine, just keep it under 10 per day"
ya i smoke winston ultra lights, and switched to them from marlboro lights....my dr said the same, that there are no additives, and that as long as i keep at or around a half pack i'm fine.....he was like "morally i have to tell you to quit, but the women i've had who smoke those(brand), have not had as big a problem with birth weight issues".....he said these, and the 1's you smoke are the best.....well, if you're going to smoke lol.....
i smoke aroudn half a pack too... i did quit about 2 months ago and somehow started up again=( im trying sooooo hard to quit, but this stress isnt helping! i smoked with my first and his birth weight was normal....
stress and chris' job having him gone 90% of the month, is what keeps my smoking lol....but i'm trying to quit, and i'll make it half the day, and then i'll go buy more! it's killing me lol.....but i'm hoping i can quit, get the smoke scent out of our place before he gets home again, and he's already said if i want to quit, he'll smoke out side, so it's just getting my own thing started lol....but i definitely am with you on trying to quit haha
I don't smoke... I have however craved the smell of cigarettes a few time.s